AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Boulder Electronics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Boulder Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20809)

Masterlu 04-25-2013 12:33 AM

Boulder Forum

Our New Boulder Forum is

http://www.firehouseneon.com/images/F_Home.gif

Bodhisattva 04-25-2013 12:40 AM

Wow! Great news Ivan, and who knows...we might convert you just yet! ;)

Masterlu 04-25-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva (Post 483428)
Wow! Great news Ivan, and who knows...we might convert you just yet! ;)

I'm still completely numb from the anesthesia; why not? :confused-18:

allen_bh 04-25-2013 01:05 AM

Awesome, thanks Ivan.

Masterlu 04-25-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_bh (Post 483438)
Awesome, thanks Ivan.

:tiphat:

vinod_david 04-25-2013 03:58 AM

Congrats.

Blippy 04-25-2013 11:48 AM

Cool. Thank you!!

Alki 04-25-2013 03:42 PM

This should be interesting as I have always had a liking for their amps even though I have never owned one. Hope there will be some discussion and opinions about their amps.

rich@boulder 04-26-2013 02:12 PM

Very cool! Someone told me about this page and I thought I'd log in (gads...for the first time since...?) and check it out.

Thank you!

rich@boulder 04-26-2013 02:14 PM

Oh, and since I posted it elsewhere, I may as well post it here: the only review you're likely to see in English on the 3050 Mono Amp is in the latest issue of TONE Audio.

http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_054.pdf

Josquin des Prez 04-26-2013 09:21 PM

I've heard some great Boulder stuff at my dealer, but's way out of my price range.

They had this big aluminum thing (2060) powering a pair of Dynaudio Consequence. Awesome sound. Way out of my league.

FlexibleAudio 05-01-2013 10:23 PM

Rich, great to hear from you. I don't suppose you have any tidbits on the rumors about a new 2100 series coming.......this fall maybe???

Masterlu 05-01-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich@boulder (Post 483926)
Very cool! Someone told me about this page and I thought I'd log in (gads...for the first time since...?) and check it out.

Thank you!

Rich... Welcome Back! :wave:

rich@boulder 05-02-2013 12:27 AM

Yup, the rumors of the 2100 Series. (sigh) That has to be the worst kept secret in the industry. We're working on three pieces in the 2100 Series and I plan to go on tour with them this summer, with a number of dealer events planned for the fall. Details when the products are close or ready for release....

Johnbr 05-02-2013 01:00 AM

To cool.

Veritas 05-02-2013 08:30 AM

Rich...At RMAF 2012, you mentioned an 800 series DAC, possibly by this summer. Any news? Thanks much.

FlexibleAudio 05-02-2013 04:30 PM

Rich, you are killing us...... Monos, Stereo, Server, DAC???????

phunge 05-02-2013 08:06 PM

Oh boy, 800 series dac..... I will not be able to resist.....

Bodhisattva 05-03-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich@boulder (Post 487032)
Yup, the rumors of the 2100 Series. (sigh) That has to be the worst kept secret in the industry. We're working on three pieces in the 2100 Series and I plan to go on tour with them this summer, with a number of dealer events planned for the fall. Details when the products are close or ready for release....

Looking at the strides Boulder have made in recent years developing the awesome 3000 series products, including the development of new 99H gain stages, new casework design made possible by Boulder's new computerized CNC machines and new circuit designs (including new damped circuit boards and circuit mounting techniques), I think it's safe to say the new 2100 series will be very special indeed. In my opinion, Boulder amps not only sound brilliant, but provide great pride of ownership. And that stems not only from their exceptional circuit design and engineering, but the refreshingly long lifecycle of their products, the absolute integrity of this company and their friendly staff. When you own a Boulder product, you become part of the Boulder family and are treated like a client, not a customer. We are lucky indeed to have Rich's generous input in this new forum as he offers a wealth of knowledge and good humor. :tiphat:

Blippy 05-03-2013 11:26 AM

I am waiting.... impatiently (as I'm sure Rich can attest to)... for the 2100 series release.

Bodhisattva 05-03-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMP (Post 487628)
I am waiting.... impatiently (as I'm sure Rich can attest to)... for the 2100 series release.

I could foresee a possible preamp upgrade, however I can't physically fit the 2160 in my rack, lol! :D So the 1060 is staying. But as we know, a great preamp can lift a system tremeandously, and I predict the 2110 will be the best preamp in the world when it is released. Mind you, the 1060 is no slouch either!

ILUVAUDIO 07-09-2013 06:26 PM

As a person who is planning an EXTREMELY substantial audio system for late this year, I am looking so forward to hearing the 3050 amps at this year's RMAF. I am hoping the new 2110 Preamplifier will be ready so that I can hear it with the 3050's.....if not I guess that I will simply have to listen to them with the 2010....sigh..is life not hard??

While Boulder is one of a few amp makers I am planning on auditioning, I will admit that I will be going into the audition process with a strong bias TOWARDS Boulder, as I have MANY hours listening to the 2050 amps as well as the 2010 preamplifier. Some of the most orgasmic listening sessions I have ever had were with a system featuring the above mentioned components, along with an Accuphase DP-100/DC-101, Focal Nova Utopia BE's and Tara Labs Reference cabling.....I got to hear that system 4 to 5 nights a week for at least 5 months before the Boulder stuff had to go bye bye.

I also had a delightful chance to tour the factory and what I saw was totally fascinating. The level of craftsmanship was beyond belief, with happy workers who clearly took great pride in their work!!!

I can concur with the friendly people as well...Rich M is one classy dude who has a cruel ability to tease those who are anxiously waiting for the next tidbit of news!!!:tears:

Cheers,

Masterlu 07-09-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVAUDIO (Post 510701)
As a person who is planning an EXTREMELY substantial audio system for late this year, I am looking so forward to hearing the 3050 amps at this year's RMAF. I am hoping the new 2110 Preamplifier will be ready so that I can hear it with the 3050's.....if not I guess that I will simply have to listen to them with the 2010....sigh..is life not hard??

While Boulder is one of a few amp makers I am planning on auditioning, I will admit that I will be going into the audition process with a strong bias TOWARDS Boulder, as I have MANY hours listening to the 2050 amps as well as the 2010 preamplifier. Some of the most orgasmic listening sessions I have ever had were with a system featuring the above mentioned components, along with an Accuphase DP-100/DC-101, Focal Nova Utopia BE's and Tara Labs Reference cabling.....I got to hear that system 4 to 5 nights a week for at least 5 months before the Boulder stuff had to go bye bye.

I also had a delightful chance to tour the factory and what I saw was totally fascinating. The level of craftsmanship was beyond belief, with happy workers who clearly took great pride in their work!!!

I can concur with the friendly people as well...Rich M is one classy dude who has a cruel ability to tease those who are anxiously waiting for the next tidbit of news!!!:tears:

Cheers,

Very exciting... Make sure to keep us informed every step of the way, and we all love pics! :ok:

wizard 07-12-2013 05:24 PM

I've heard there will also be a 2120 dac.

Bodhisattva 07-12-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVAUDIO (Post 510701)

I have been saying this for a long time, often to quite negative comments. It is nice to see more and more audiophiles recognizing how good these amps are..

ILUVAUDIO 07-12-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva (Post 511653)
I have been saying this for a long time, often to quite negative comments. It is nice to see more and more audiophiles recognizing how good these amps are..

Oh my, I agree....

My worst Boulder "experience" was on another crummy forum where I posted a blurb about Boulder....a person replied in that forum that Boulder was garbage, poorly built, a scam and the worst sounding gear....ever. When I sent him a private message saying how unfortunate it was that he had such a poor experience....his reply?? "I have never heard Boulder before"....yes, this really happened and I can honestly say I never visited that "space" again....

Cheers,

Formerly YB-2 08-13-2015 07:36 AM

Anyone know if Boulder is still in business? I see Rich@Boulder has not posted since January and I can't get their website to work. Guess I'll try to call later today.

Tony007 08-13-2015 11:00 AM

Yes, they are in business. Check out their Facebook page. :yes:

In fact they just broke ground on a brand new facility twice the size of their current digs.

rich@boulder 08-13-2015 01:48 PM

We're Still Here!

Hi guys -

Sorry for being an absentee. I generally respond when I'm notified that I need to or when there are a lot of questions about new gear. I can't keep up-to-date on the daily goings on here because I have so many other info outlets to monitor (and fill) that I'd go insane trying to keep up with it all.

Not sure why the web-site isn't working. I'll check on that.

With that being said, yes, we are building a new factory that will be more than double the size of where we are now. Ground was broken a week or two ago and foundation work will begin soon. We expect to move in nine months or so.

Development on the 2120 continues and software action items are slowly being narrowed down. Once they're all gone, we release!

Nnnnnnnope, I won't answer any questions about what comes next. Most people have guessed a 3010 preamp, and that's probably a good guess. Maybe. Maybe not.

And if you'll be at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance this weekend, I'll see you there. I'll be the one in the hat....

Audio 1 08-13-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich@boulder (Post 720017)
Hi guys -

Sorry for being an absentee. I generally respond when I'm notified that I need to or when there are a lot of questions about new gear. I can't keep up-to-date on the daily goings on here because I have so many other info outlets to monitor (and fill) that I'd go insane trying to keep up with it all.

Not sure why the web-site isn't working. I'll check on that.

With that being said, yes, we are building a new factory that will be more than double the size of where we are now. Ground was broken a week or two ago and foundation work will begin soon. We expect to move in nine months or so.

Development on the 2120 continues and software action items are slowly being narrowed down. Once they're all gone, we release!

Nnnnnnnope, I won't answer any questions about what comes next. Most people have guessed a 3010 preamp, and that's probably a good guess. Maybe. Maybe not.

And if you'll be at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance this weekend, I'll see you there. I'll be the one in the hat....

Will Boulder be showing at RMAF this year?

rich@boulder 08-13-2015 03:42 PM

Yes we will, and we just had a meeting about it yesterday. We'll be there in support of our Denver dealer (Soundings) and will be displaying with the brands that they carry. We'll also be having our usual after-show-hours gathering with food and adult beverages at the store, which is literally around the block from the hotel show site.

Once we have more details on dates, times, places, etc., I'll post them here and to our Facebook page to let everyone know.

Formerly YB-2 08-13-2015 04:21 PM

Very good. I've not been able to the data sheet on the 865 (or anything else) to open.

rich@boulder 08-13-2015 04:31 PM

email me at the address above and I'll send it to you. Our server seems to be down right now and none of the pages are loading for me.

Formerly YB-2 08-13-2015 07:51 PM

Done. Thanks.

And, info has been sent/received. Thank you.

FRO 11-25-2018 04:46 PM

Got a deal on a Boulder 1021 CD/Streamer Player.
Anxious to see how it performs next to my Ayre QX-5 Twenty????

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4804/...49486aaf_o.jpg

Antonmb 11-25-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRO (Post 942112)
Got a deal on a Boulder 1021 CD/Streamer Player.
Anxious to see how it performs next to my Ayre QX-5 Twenty????

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4804/...49486aaf_o.jpg

Congratulations, great player.

FDPDK 11-26-2018 11:51 AM

Congratulations

Electricboogaloo 08-22-2023 02:23 PM

I am a very recent Boulder owner and I have to say that I am so happy with my purchase. The dynamics, energy, detail and slam that I am now hearing is fabulous. Which I converted years ago!

Antonmb 08-22-2023 04:00 PM

:banana:

Audio 1 08-23-2023 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electricboogaloo (Post 1076361)
I am a very recent Boulder owner and I have to say that I am so happy with my purchase. The dynamics, energy, detail and slam that I am now hearing is fabulous. Which I converted years ago!

Awesome! I agree Boulder is fantastic :thumbsup: