AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Back to the Music!! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34638)

Still-One 02-05-2016 02:42 PM

Back to the Music!!

Returned late last evening from a quick two week holiday. Spent a couple of evening in South Beach before heading out for a weeks cruise in the Caribbean. We then headed over to the Gulf side of Florida to spend some time with my sister.

We were fortunate that we were again able to meet up with HK and Val for a nice evening of drinks and appetizers before we all headed out to have dinner with Buddy and Marita in Naples. So many great people on this site.

I actually enjoy getting away from my stereo for a couple of weeks. When I return it al just sounds so good when I power it up again.

Now I just have to go back over a couple of weeks of posts here.

chessman 02-05-2016 03:24 PM

Jim, welcome back!

PHC1 02-05-2016 05:08 PM

Welcome back Jim! Yes, HK, Val, Buddy and Marita are great people! I've had the pleasure of meeting them in person a few years ago and am looking forward to possibly seeing them again when I visit Naples this year. :thumbsup:

Taylode 02-05-2016 05:56 PM

Welcome back Jim, it sounds like you had a nice little vacation.

tweet 02-06-2016 09:25 AM

Jim,
Welcome back. Sounds like you had a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The music always sounds really good after a few days away. Enjoy.

trek737 02-06-2016 01:47 PM

Jim, Glad to hear you guys had a relaxing vacation... Welcome back!

BWB75 05-13-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 758177)
Returned late last evening from a quick two week holiday. Spent a couple of evening in South Beach before heading out for a weeks cruise in the Caribbean. We then headed over to the Gulf side of Florida to spend some time with my sister. We were fortunate that we were again able to meet up with HK and Val for a nice evening of drinks and appetizers before we all headed out to have dinner with Buddy and Marita in Naples. So many great people on this site. I actually enjoy getting away from my stereo for a couple of weeks. When I return it al just sounds so good when I power it up again. Now I just have to go back over a couple of weeks of posts here.

Any recommendations on South Beach accommodations or activities? My wife and I are heading there in June to visit a newly retired friend. We booked at the Shore Club Hotel. It looks like fun, but we are a little worried it might be too much fun - we are not 25 any more!

We love kayaking around marshes and exploring art and architecture, and good restaurants of course. We know nothing of this area and could use some tips.

EfeTe 05-13-2016 10:33 PM

I'm away in Switzerland until the 20th, and the anticipation is not about my kids, or the Missus, or being home. None of that :) I wanna listen to some music now that the PS Audio DS Junior's fully broken in!

Still-One 05-18-2016 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Making our way through central/Eastern Europe. Lake Bled in Slovenia was beautiful.

Wasatch 05-18-2016 10:08 AM

Welcome back.