AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My take on Platinum 8 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44499)

Masterlu 02-15-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 (Post 953440)
Thanks for the update. I’m happy to read it improves on 7. I look forward to making the comparison in my system.

Calling Ivan....

https://www.nba.com/.element/media/2...rvice-logo.png

Ricjor1 02-17-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 953410)
After playing three songs with the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 I know this is the cable for my system. It's a demo 1m XLR that my local dealer told me was already broken-in. It has a very natural sound with better defined bass. I have it going from my preamp to the amplifier. It has a detailed , but relaxed sound , with better separation and a bigger soundstage than the Audioquest Fire or the WW Platinum series 7 that I had prior to the AQ Fire.

My comments above were based on the Platinum going from the preamp to the amp. Today I switched it to going from my Chord Dave to the preamp. I'm even happier than I previously stated.

audio bill 02-17-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 953707)
My comments above were based on the Platinum going from the preamp to the amp. Today I switched it to going from my Chord Dave to the preamp. I'm even happier than I previously stated.

Don't mean to be an enabler, but if funds allow maybe you should try a second pair to have the improved cable in both spots simultaneously. :D Sometimes such combinations can provide sonic gains even greater than would be expected.

Ricjor1 02-18-2019 08:18 AM

You're not being an enabler. Prior to trying the Platinum 8, I had AQ Fire going from my DAC to the preamp and AQ Niagara from my preamp to the amplifier. When I switched positions with the AQ cables, I didn't hear any difference. Now I have the WW Platinum and Silver Eclipse series 8 and the difference is greater than I thought. So, yes I'm ordering another Platinum today.

rnrmf1971 03-05-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 953751)
You're not being an enabler. Prior to trying the Platinum 8, I had AQ Fire going from my DAC to the preamp and AQ Niagara from my preamp to the amplifier. When I switched positions with the AQ cables, I didn't hear any difference. Now I have the WW Platinum and Silver Eclipse series 8 and the difference is greater than I thought. So, yes I'm ordering another Platinum today.

I picked up a Platinum Eclipse 8 XLR from Ivan based on your feedback. The Platinum Eclipse 8 is impressive. It was a little hit or miss the first couple of days, and it went from kind of bright followed to being forward sounding, but a couple of weeks in, it improves on everything I think the Platinum Eclipse 7 does well, and adds to it.

I find the Platinum 7 to be lush sounding but the 8 is even more colorful, letting more of the music come through with additional clarity, sparkle, and IMPACT. It's a nice, nice sounding cable.

Comparison to my WEL XLR is interesting.
As with my comparisons to the Platinum 7, I still feel the WEL isn't exactly satisfactory with regard to accurate tonal saturation, but it still sets the bar (for me) for lack of distortion.
The same distinction becomes more significant between the WEL and Platinum 8 because the Platinum has an even more full, realistic portrayal of timbre, to me.

I'm going to listen to it for a few months to see if there's additional refinement or changes, before I decide how far I want to go with adding more Platinum 8 cables to my system.

It's the best Wireworld cable that I've heard, to date.

Did you add additional PE 8 cables to your system and if so, how do you like the additional that you added?

Ricjor1 03-05-2019 11:17 AM

Christian,
I'm a firm believer that cables are system dependent. Remember I'm comparing the WW Platinum series 8 to the AQ Fire and WW series 7(at least what I can remember), not AQ WELs. I added another WW Platinum and in my system the imaging, soundstaging, and tonality of instruments with the WW Platinum is a definite step forward over the Fire. Remember the WW Platinum and AQ Fire list price are the same, while the WELs is more expensive. To my ears the Fire sounds a little cleaner, but doesn't come close to the WW regarding differentiation of height and spacing between singers and instruments. No absolutes, this is what I hear on my system.
I'm so impressed with the series 8, I'm going to try the WW Gold Eclipse speaker cables, the Platinum is a little too steep for me.

rnrmf1971 03-05-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 956114)
Christian,
I'm a firm believer that cables are system dependent. Remember I'm comparing the WW Platinum series 8 to the AQ Fire and WW series 7(at least what I can remember), not AQ WELs. I added another WW Platinum and in my system the imaging, soundstaging, and tonality of instruments with the WW Platinum is a definite step forward over the Fire. Remember the WW Platinum and AQ Fire list price are the same, while the WELs is more expensive. To my ears the Fire sounds a little cleaner, but doesn't come close to the WW regarding differentiation of height and spacing between singers and instruments. No absolutes, this is what I hear on my system.
I'm so impressed with the series 8, I'm going to try the WW Gold Eclipse speaker cables, the Platinum is a little too steep for me.

Glad to hear the additional brought more benefits.
Re portrayal of height and spacing - that's always been one of the attributes of Platinum Eclipse that I've admired. It's uncanny how vocalists in some recordings occupy space between the speakers with the Platinum Eclipse.

Ricjor1 03-05-2019 02:18 PM

How good are the new Gold Eclipse speaker cables? Has anyone heard them or the Silver Eclipse speaker cables?

Masterlu 03-05-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 956148)
How good are the new Gold Eclipse speaker cables? Has anyone heard them or the Silver Eclipse speaker cables?

You have a PM ;)

djwhog 03-05-2019 06:20 PM

Thank you for the time and review, good :)