AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Axpona will have to wait til next year (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42719)

Robc33 04-13-2018 06:49 AM

Axpona will have to wait til next year

Well, I should be on AA flight 3611 right now heading to Chicago.
I got a call last night while I was packing, from my other Captain who runs my boat, and he informed me that he had a family emergency, and had to return home. So, I am currently packing my sea bag, and heading down to the docks for a fun filled week on the North Atlantic, on a stinky commercial fishing trawler, instead of preparing for takeoff.
I was very much looking forward to this, my first big show, but I can't afford to tie the boat up for 3 days right now. I hope all of the AA members that are going will have a great time, and I will look forward to some reviews when I return home. I do have a Gold Pass for the show that I may be able to forward to someone who is going, via e-mail, as I will not be able to use it. :tears:

Cohibaman 04-13-2018 07:36 AM

Bummer. I’m headed there right now. I hope all goes well for your friend & his family.

FreddieFerric 04-13-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 911096)
I got a call last night while I was packing, from my other Captain who runs my boat, and he informed me that he had a family emergency, and had to return home. So, I am currently packing my sea bag, and heading down to the docks for a fun filled week on the North Atlantic, on a stinky commercial fishing trawler, instead of preparing for takeoff.
I was very much looking forward to this, my first big show, but I can't afford to tie the boat up for 3 days right now. I hope all of the AA members that are going will have a great time, and I will look forward to some reviews when I return home. I do have a Gold Pass for the show that I may be able to forward to someone who is going, via e-mail, as I will not be able to use it. :tears:

Sorry to hear this. Business first though. Perhaps you can make the RMAF in October.

For The Love of Music 04-14-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

I get were your coming from, with that good fishing to you and the crew from the Northwest

audioguy3107 04-14-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Bummer story, how about heading to Denver for RMAF 2018 in October? Hopefully AA will be well represented.

- Buck

PMCH 04-14-2018 12:23 PM

Rob, sorry you are not able to attend but work comes first to pay for all of out toys. There will always be more shows in the future.