AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

chessman 06-10-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 171688)
Hi, all. I'm new here so I just wanted to say "hello."

I'm more or less a lightweight as an audio aficionado. My main (okay, only) system consists of a McIntosh MA7000 (that recently replaced a 6900), Thiel CS2.4 speakers, and run-of-the-mill CD and DVD players. I do have a Nakamichi DR-2 deck that I keep around to remind me of the good old days.

Thanks for all of the great advice. I look forward to becoming more active here as I shake my shyness about not being too well-versed in the lingo of the audio aficionado.

You sound like a pro to me. Welcome aboard! :wave:

LorenzoL 06-10-2011 09:01 PM

Hi, Lorenzo here, just joined your great forum.
I have a Wadia 860i, a Krell KSA-100 and ML Quest ESL speakers, MIT cables throughout. Most of my AIFF files are stored on an iPod Touch 4G and I stream them to an Airport Express which is connected to the Wadia's DAC by a TOS cable. I also have Beyer Dynamic DT-990 32 Ohm headphones for the iPod.

AudioNut 06-11-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 171763)
Hi, Lorenzo here, just joined your great forum.
I have a Wadia 860i, a Krell KSA-100 and ML Quest ESL speakers, MIT cables throughout. Most of my AIFF files are stored on an iPod Touch 4G and I stream them to an Airport Express which is connected to the Wadia's DAC by a TOS cable. I also have Beyer Dynamic DT-990 32 Ohm headphones for the iPod.

Welcome LorenzoL - You have wonderful equipment and we can probably learn a lot from your streaming scheme. Please tell us more.

AA is a very friendly place and touches on every phase of audio - and a whole lot more.

Please tell us what music you play and post in the "What are you listening to, streaming, spinning, or what classical if that is your thing. . .

Again, welcome.

LorenzoL 06-11-2011 09:50 AM

Being new I don't know my way around the forum. What section deals with the different digital audio formats, compression techniques and ways to stream them to high-end DACs? I am particularly interested in hearing other members' experiences in streaming 24/96 audio files...

Masterlu 06-11-2011 09:59 AM

LorenzoL... Welcome! :wave:

Start here:

Digital Music & Servers - AudioAficionado.org

LorenzoL 06-11-2011 10:06 AM

Awesome, thank you for the warm welcome and the info.

Ed_Zachary 06-16-2011 12:48 AM

Greetings from North Carolina.

I saw a link to this board on another site with the initials of AA. Someone was looking for an Audio Research owners forum and this place was recommended. I followed the link while thinking "Gee, a CJ owners forum would be nice as well and..... what do we have here? A CJ owners forum!"

Anyhow, it is nice to find this place, a tip of the hat to the owner for creating it.

Knobspinner 06-19-2011 01:43 AM

Hi all! Love this forum and decided to sigh up. My name is Jim and I live in Olympia Washington. Out in the woods. I have three systems consisting of the following equipment used in ever changing combinations. a Toshiba laptop, a WD 1TB external drive, a m-audio profire 610 dac, a Peavey 12 channel mixer, a Rega Planet cd player, a Peavey PV8.5 550w stereo amp, an Kurzweil PC88 keyboard, Yamaha sw155s speakers, an Audio-Research cd3 mkII cd player, an Audio-Research LS-22 line stage that I have modded, an Audio-Research VT-100 amp, Magnepan MMGs, and Dunlavy sm-1s. I am a retired industrial automation designer, electrician, software engineer,broadcast engineer, and photographer.

ojdeteos 06-22-2011 10:56 AM

Hello, i'm from indonesia, i started this hobby on 2006, as for now i own several audio research products monitor audio speakers, shunyata cables

Looking forward to learn from here,

Regards,

chessman 06-22-2011 11:15 AM

Knobspinner and ojdeteos, welcome aboard! :wave: