AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Maui (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40498)

ylee 09-11-2017 06:18 PM

Maui

4 Attachment(s)
My wife and I took a much needed vacation to go to Hawaii in late August. We left our four kids in the care of their grandparents (on my side) and our au pairs so we could actually have a break from our young children. All of my inlaws from the Pac NW went as well.

Maui is simply beautiful. I highly recommend it to anyone. The weather is in the ideal zone where it's warm enough to go in the water yet breezy enough to keep you comfortable. We did a lot of swimming and snorkeling to view coral, sea turtles and tropical fish, went parasailing, drove up to the top of Haleakala (10,000 ft.), drove on the Road to Hana and hiked thru the Bamboo Rainforest, went to a luau, and I tried to learn how to surf with very limited success, LOL. I had a difficult time coming back and have thought since our return of retiring to Hawaii.

Masterlu 09-11-2017 06:49 PM

Maui... true Paradise! I was married there :yes:

Still-One 09-11-2017 07:00 PM

When ever we go we usually spend a week on Maui and one on the Big Island of Hawaii. Oahu is nice for a couple of nights.

vintage_tube 09-11-2017 07:20 PM

Sounds like a great time you had.

Plan on going in summer 2018 and staying at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club which is a time share managed by Marriott resorts. It's a crap shoot for availability as allotted owners turn their non-attending allotment period over to Marriott Vacations NLT 60 days prior to.

Trying to get 5-6 rooms. We'll see.

Have stayed at the Hale Koa military hotel on Waikiki beach several times (to/from Philippines) as HQ/Personnel & Finance was at Wheeler AFB (next door is the Hilton Hawaiian Village). Great memories -- and at the time $39 a night.

Best Sirs,

Bob

krustycat 09-11-2017 07:33 PM

I love Maui, diving there was truly amazing too !. [emoji6]

Masterlu 09-11-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krustycat (Post 866628)
I love Maui, diving there was truly amazing too !. [emoji6]

Agreed, some of my best dives ever were done right from walking in off the beach!

-E- 09-11-2017 08:31 PM

Maui is always a good idea.

For The Love of Music 09-11-2017 09:04 PM

The Islands are our favorite place for all the reasons stated and more, mahalo brada!

richardallred 09-11-2017 09:32 PM

We have a 2 week timeshare at the Hyatt residency club 3 bedroom 3000 sq feet. We love it.

djwhog 09-12-2017 12:02 AM

yep nice we stayed several times in the marriot JW on the Kona gated side way way nice! It is being remodeled or should be done, someone else bought it from JW.

It is along the shore next to a top notch Disney resort and a Marriot vacation club.

Used to be one of our fav spots pre Disney :)