AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Conrad-Johnson (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Conrad-Johnson Premier 350 discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=11012)

hpfish10 02-13-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 988688)
I've never heard an MF2300A, but I've owned the Premier 350 for quite a while. I ended up selling it because I felt my tube-based LP70S was more spacious and open-sounding and musical, on the whole.

If your MF2300A is going strong, I wouldn't flip it just for a Pr350. If its the same one I've seen, its about $5K.

I'll tell you what I'd do with that $5K if you haven't done so already: I use it to buy a Shunyata Delta D6 power conditioner for $2K, and put the remaining $3K into Shunyata NR power cords for the rest of your system, if you are presently using the OEM or stock power cords that came with your amplification components. IMHO, an investment in your power distribution "chain" would make for a considerably more enjoyable and engaging experience than tradin' out amps or speakers.

I have CJ ACT2.2/Premier350 combo and am exploring power conditioner/regen products. Have you compared the Delta D6 against PS Audio P5 or P10?
Thanks

Puma Cat 02-13-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpfish10 (Post 995371)
I have CJ ACT2.2/Premier350 combo and am exploring power conditioner/regen products. Have you compared the Delta D6 against PS Audio P5 or P10?
Thanks

Hi HP,
No, I haven't compared them. I have a Denali 6000/S V2, and a Triton V1 before that, so I can't comment on the PS Audio P5 or P10. I did audition a Power Plant Premier some years ago (7 or 8 years ago?), before I bought my Hydra 8, and found it did nothing in my system to improve the sound; in fact my entry-level Shunyata Hydra 4 sounded better in my system.

You may want to ask Ivan about any comparisons, as he has had both products from both companies. IIRC, Ivan has removed all his PS Audio P10s and is using Shunyata Denalis now.

Also, don't forget about the power cord; that's the most important part, and if you decide to get something like the Venom NR-V10, that cord, in combination with a good Shunyata power distributor, will provide component-to-component isolation, which the D6, as good as it is, doesn't do directly, per se (IIRC, the pairs of outlets per receptacle are isolated from one another, but individual outlets that is, a single outlet within a pair are not).

If you have the budget for a P10, I'd recommend getting a Denali for ~1/2 that price, instead, the Denali is Shunyata's current SOTA power distributor.

Cheers and let me know if you have any other questions.

hpfish10 02-15-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 995390)
Hi HP,
No, I haven't compared them. I have a Denali 6000/S V2, and a Triton V1 before that, so I can't comment on the PS Audio P5 or P10. I did audition a Power Plant Premier some years ago (7 or 8 years ago?), before I bought my Hydra 8, and found it did nothing in my system to improve the sound; in fact my entry-level Shunyata Hydra 4 sounded better in my system.

You may want to ask Ivan about any comparisons, as he has had both products from both companies. IIRC, Ivan has removed all his PS Audio P10s and is using Shunyata Denalis now.

Also, don't forget about the power cord; that's the most important part, and if you decide to get something like the Venom NR-V10, that cord, in combination with a good Shunyata power distributor, will provide component-to-component isolation, which the D6, as good as it is, doesn't do directly, per se (IIRC, the pairs of outlets per receptacle are isolated from one another, but individual outlets that is, a single outlet within a pair are not).

If you have the budget for a P10, I'd recommend getting a Denali for ~1/2 that price, instead, the Denali is Shunyata's current SOTA power distributor.

Cheers and let me know if you have any other questions.

How do you like your Uptone Audio EtherREGEN?

I notice you are in SF bay Area, I am also in East Bay.