AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Conrad-Johnson (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Cj ev 2000 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48908)

jalanrolls 10-24-2020 06:23 PM

Cj ev 2000

I have used a CJ EV 2000 since approximately 1993 when I bought it used. It has been bulletproof and it’s power remains startling. It still gets your attention when it kick on after a delay and momentarily dims your lights.

But time moves forward. Any opinions as to the effect of an amp change such as a Parasound 5 which claims 400 watts a side compared to the CJ’s 200?

Jalanrolls

Puma Cat 10-25-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalanrolls (Post 1018768)
I have used a CJ EV 2000 since approximately 1993 when I bought it used. It has been bulletproof and it’s power remains startling. It still gets your attention when it kick on after a delay and momentarily dims your lights.

But time moves forward. Any opinions as to the effect of an amp change such as a Parasound 5 which claims 400 watts a side compared to the CJ’s 200?

Jalanrolls

It sounds like your CJ amp meets your system's needs very well.

My view is, if something is not broken, why fix it?

If you want to make a meaningful investment improvement in your system for around $3K, get a Shunyata Delta D6 and plug your amp into it.

jalanrolls 10-25-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1018829)
It sounds like your CJ amp meets your system's needs very well.

My view is, if something is not broken, why fix it?

If you want to make a meaningful investment improvement in your system for around $3K, get a Shunyata Delta D6 and plug your amp into it.

Thanks for the reply. As to meets the needs I still find it to be somewhat amazing. That’s where Shunyata came in. Each power cord was such a great system upgrade. And as to the amp CJ always hardwired their pieces so a new pc was never an option. At 114 lbs it sits where it does.

Jalanrolls

Formerly YB-2 11-20-2020 10:03 AM

The EV 2000 is old enough that a fresh set of caps in the signal circuits would likely do some good. One problem with listening to the same gear with no change over several years is that any degradation in SQ is so slow and incremental that we get accustomed to each small change and don't notice. Caps are much better today than those that were available before the turn of the century.

jalanrolls 11-24-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1021738)
The EV 2000 is old enough that a fresh set of caps in the signal circuits would likely do some good. One problem with listening to the same gear with no change over several years is that any degradation in SQ is so slow and incremental that we get accustomed to each small change and don't notice. Caps are much better today than those that were available before the turn of the century.

NIce to see here are still a few that would know what’s C-J EV 2000 is.

Jalanrolls