AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Bryston SP3 Preamp-Processor (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10066)

Masterlu 06-02-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC2 (Post 498073)
Hi
What gain do you have your Rhea Sig set at for your 2 cartridges?
What about your other analogue front ends? I noticed you have a VPI and another Clearaudio.

I would have to check and get back to you.

gbaby 06-03-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbuteau (Post 492211)
The unit still sound great!

However there is still one issues that bother me on day to day basis.
I am still experiencing 2-3 audio drop out each time I start a new HDMI source (blu ray player, HTPC, or SACD), it last about 10-20 seconds. If I try the same through analog there is no problem.
I would like to know if I am only one to hear and experience this problem? and If not is there an ETA for this problem to get fixed?

Perhaps you need to wait until the HDMI mode locks in prior to playing your blu-ray, CD or SACD. I get this dropout, but only if I switch to a source without letting HDMI lock in to the mode. It does not bother me because I understand what is happening.

fordtudoor 06-18-2013 09:52 AM

This is my third post so please be gentle. I hope I did this right.

First, I want to give a BIG shout out to Messrs. Craig Bell, Bryston USA Sales Veep, and Ivan Messer, our Founding Father, without whose help it would not have been possible for me to experience a lifelong dream - SP3 ownership. Thanks fellas.

My unit is scheduled to ship out Thursday but already I have a ga-zillion questions. I don't want to bother the folks at the factory so I will solicit the aid of any SP3 owners or persons intimately familiar with this machine. Here goes: on the backside there are a series of ten (10) balanced (XLR) outputs and ten (10) unbalanced (RCA) outputs. Can anyone tell me if the output signal to the "sub" connection is present on both XLR and RCA outputs at the same time? Is it conceiveable, can it be programmed, does it have to be programmed? I am asking this because I would like to take the signal from the unbalanced "sub" output and run it to a Buttkicker amp for my Buttkicker's. Thanks in advance for your help.

JLC
Cincinnati

gbaby 06-18-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordtudoor (Post 503625)
This is my third post so please be gentle. I hope I did this right.

First, I want to give a BIG shout out to Messrs. Craig Bell, Bryston USA Sales Veep, and Ivan Messer, our Founding Father, without whose help it would not have been possible for me to experience a lifelong dream - SP3 ownership. Thanks fellas.

My unit is scheduled to ship out Thursday but already I have a ga-zillion questions. I don't want to bother the folks at the factory so I will solicit the aid of any SP3 owners or persons intimately familiar with this machine. Here goes: on the backside there are a series of ten (10) balanced (XLR) outputs and ten (10) unbalanced (RCA) outputs. Can anyone tell me if the output signal to the "sub" connection is present on both XLR and RCA outputs at the same time? Is it conceiveable, can it be programmed, does it have to be programmed? I am asking this because I would like to take the signal from the unbalanced "sub" output and run it to a Buttkicker amp for my Buttkicker's. Thanks in advance for your help. I think that you can also use an auxillary output on the SP3 as a sub so you won't have any problems.

JLC
Cincinnati

The SP3 has two balanced and unbalanced sub outputs. You can use a balanced and unbalanced as long as you pick one or the other and not both at the same time. By this I mean, if you use both balanced then you are precluded to use both unbalanced. However, if you can use one balanced you can use the other unbalanced. Does this make sense?

fordtudoor 06-18-2013 08:42 PM

Mr. G-Baby,

What you stated doesn't make sense to me. I should have expounded further. What little I read and what little I know I believe Bryston says you can add a second sub by using the Right Auxiliary balanced output and program a second sub in the Miscellaneous > Auxiliary menu. So I guess that is the only way I'm going to get a second LFE signal to use for my Buttkicker's. Does that make sense?

Regards,
JLC
Cincinnati

dminches 06-19-2013 07:49 AM

HDMI Audio

I finally got the HDMI audio to work. However, it required me to unplug the unit and let it sit for 5 minutes before restarting. Have others ever had this issue?

gbaby 06-20-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordtudoor (Post 503835)
Mr. G-Baby,

What you stated doesn't make sense to me. I should have expounded further. What little I read and what little I know I believe Bryston says you can add a second sub by using the Right Auxiliary balanced output and program a second sub in the Miscellaneous > Auxiliary menu. So I guess that is the only way I'm going to get a second LFE signal to use for my Buttkicker's. Does that make sense?

Regards,
JLC
Cincinnati

Yes it does make sense. I was shooting from the hip, and operating on memory alond when I responded, and I was thinking the SP3 could accomodate 3 subs. I have not picked up or used the manual sense I got my SP3 properly configured.

BigHat 06-23-2013 11:43 AM

What's the latest in updating the USB port so we can send HD music to this guy?

James Tanner - Bryston 06-23-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHat (Post 505279)
What's the latest in updating the USB port so we can send HD music to this guy?

Hi

We still about 3 months out on that.

james

Chad.Wagner 06-23-2013 05:17 PM

How will the upgrade for USB work?