AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Trans Siberian Orchestra (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44341)

For The Love of Music 11-13-2018 10:26 PM

Trans Siberian Orchestra

It’s that time of year when the commercials advertise The Trans Siberian Orchestra concerts -

I just never seen the appeal of this let alone bolting this onto the Holidays -

Any comments out there in forum land?

Mikado463 11-13-2018 10:37 PM

I've seen them a couple of times, the first one, maybe 12-15 years ago was quite good, laser light show with a small orchestral accompaniment. Second time around, so-so (less orchestra and not so good acoustics)

curious as to why you posted this in the Members System forum ?

For The Love of Music 11-14-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 940337)
I've seen them a couple of times, the first one, maybe 12-15 years ago was quite good, laser light show with a small orchestral accompaniment. Second time around, so-so (less orchestra and not so good acoustics)

curious as to why you posted this in the Members System forum ?

Made a mistake in the posting location

eljr 11-14-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 940334)
It’s that time of year when the commercials advertise The Trans Siberian Orchestra concerts -

I just never seen the appeal of this let alone bolting this onto the Holidays -

Any comments out there in forum land?

This? What is "this?" :scratch2:

If you mean Holiday music, I like that Christmas is it's own genre and it tends to surround us the closer we get to the day.

If you are asking about the success of TSO, I think it lies in their innovative approach.

I have seen the lead guitarist, Chris Caffery. a few times, playing with Jimmy Sturr. I was never lucky enough to see the TSO. Guy can sure make his presence known.

gadawg 11-15-2018 01:50 AM

I went to see them a few years back ... Wife bought tickets for me as a holiday gift and I was super excited ... Honestly though I really didn't enjoy the show as we couldn't stop laughing at them swinging their hair all over the stage! we left about halfway through. LOL

George

eljr 11-15-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 940507)
I went to see them a few years back ... Wife bought tickets for me as a holiday gift and I was super excited ... Honestly though I really didn't enjoy the show as we couldn't stop laughing at them swinging their hair all over the stage! we left about halfway through. LOL

George

LOL, how did you survive the 80's?

Grasshopper 11-15-2018 11:41 AM

Ha ha!

This is too funny.

I had a similar experience. My sister got me and my wife tickets to see them several years ago. Admittedly, I had no idea who they were, so we were all dressed up to go to the “orchestra”.

I was prepared to see a full orchestra perform and we were totally caught off guard with all the hair band stuff.

My wife and I began to laugh so hard (you know the kind of laugh you try not to let out like if you are church or something).

We honestly weren’t trying to be rude, we just weren’t expecting anything but a formal orchestra.

Since we couldn’t stop laughing we got up and left.

Years later I’ve come to appreciate their music as I’m a fan of all things Christmas.

My wife and I still laugh and will never forget seeing them live for about 5 minutes!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 940507)

George