AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   TAD Speakers & Electronics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   TAD with McIntosh? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23185)

byZan 09-28-2013 08:32 AM

TAD with McIntosh?

Hello!

I wonder if anyone TAD owners have experience of how they play with McIntosh electronics?
The reason is that I've heard TAD along with several other brands, and it has always sounded good, so I think they also do with McIntosh, but I'm curious about your experience, because I have McIntosh myself and would love to have TAD before I not hear the difference between good and less good recordings.

When I still managed (open to debate) write in English so I can take the opportunity to ask about what cables you use.

/ byZan

Coytee 09-28-2013 10:39 AM

Given that TAD's are fairly decent and McIntosh is also fairly decent, I'd speculate they'd sound rather decent together.

Though I've owned McIntosh in the past and currently own some TAD drivers, I've never heard them mated together.

Kind of like being invited to a 3-way and you're being asked if you want a blonde, brunette or a red-head... in the final analysis, the experience might be good regardless of the ingredients.

Puma Cat 09-28-2013 11:08 AM

Hmmm....I dunno...not the pairing I would have in mind.

Chalk and cheese, as the Brits say.

Masterlu 09-28-2013 12:24 PM

I plan on driving my CR-1's w/ Accuphase.

byZan 09-28-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coytee (Post 535619)
Given that TAD's are fairly decent and McIntosh is also fairly decent, I'd speculate they'd sound rather decent together.

Though I've owned McIntosh in the past and currently own some TAD drivers, I've never heard them mated together.

Kind of like being invited to a 3-way and you're being asked if you want a blonde, brunette or a red-head... in the final analysis, the experience might be good regardless of the ingredients.

So it might be!
Quote:

Chalk and cheese, as the Brits say.
I'm not sure I understand this, but "Try and error" can be expensive:scratch2:
Quote:

I plan on driving my CR-1's w/ Accuphase.
I think that is a really good combo:thumbsup:

/byZan

Masterlu 09-28-2013 12:57 PM

So far I have driven; JBL, Bryston, Sonus Faber, and Aerial. The Accuphase brings it's magic to everything it touch's. :music:

byZan 09-28-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 535674)
So far I have driven; JBL, Bryston, Sonus Faber, and Aerial. The Accuphase brings it's magic to everything it touch's. :music:

I believe you!

But I wonder if my McIntosh also could make it sing really nicely? I'm in and was going really happy with what 800D does for me but am curious what TAD could bring?
The challenge is to get the system right balance, therefore, I wonder how it could possibly fit together and what cables would fit best?

Can be difficult if you do not have my sound ideals, nor my references, but I think many here know how McIntosh and B & W playing together. So I will be happy if you fill in with your experiences.

/ byZan

Masterlu 09-28-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byZan (Post 535683)
I believe you!

But I wonder if my McIntosh also could make it sing really nicely? I'm in and was going really happy with what 800D does for me but am curious what TAD could bring?
The challenge is to get the system right balance, therefore, I wonder how it could possibly fit together and what cables would fit best?

Can be difficult if you do not have my sound ideals, nor my references, but I think many here know how McIntosh and B & W playing together. So I will be happy if you fill in with your experiences.

/ byZan

Mac sounds very good with TAD; what model speaker are you looking at?

byZan 09-28-2013 02:54 PM

My dream is a pair of Reference One, but they are expensive here in Europe so it might just remain a dream.

/ byZan

o0OBillO0o 09-28-2013 03:22 PM

I feel that both are superlative brands. I'm with Richard.