AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MC1.25KW's are at dealer (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43991)

Charles 10-05-2018 04:36 PM

MC1.25KW's are at dealer

My pair of 1.25's are at dealer. Arrived at 1 pm yesterday. The installation is set for next Thursday morning. I will post pics at that time. They will replace my existing 1.2KW's. I will be interested to hear the difference (if there is any). My setup should be ideal since I am just swapping out amps, nothing else. Speakers are Wilson Alexx, cables all AQ Wel, preamp D1100, power conditioners (3) AQ Niagara, pc's AQ Dragons, sub woofer Wilson Thor, computer audio (USB) Windows 10 500 gig SS laptop JR Rivers, spinner MCD1100 (AES/EBU) is the basic setup. Should be interesting. I'm not expecting much if any difference in sound quality as the 1.2's do a superb job (in my opinion).

John Jordan 10-05-2018 04:46 PM

Congratulations Charles.
Always interested to to know how the new compare to the old.
Looking forward to your impressions!

McNikontosh 10-05-2018 05:42 PM

A big congrats on your new amps.

Charles 10-05-2018 06:02 PM

Thanks everybody. My 1.2's are about 6 years old. I'm not expecting much difference. They are the best sounding amps I have ever owned. When I sold off my C1000, MR85 and all my other cables and equipment my wallet got heavy. I called up my dealer. The rest is history. I already use a 1.25 for my Thor so now I'll have a trio to look at. Simply couldn't resist.

ps7256 10-05-2018 06:10 PM

Congrats Charles. Keen on hearing if you notice any differences. Hope the setup goes smoothly.

Mack 10-05-2018 09:12 PM

Congrats :thumbsup:

Charles 10-11-2018 01:18 PM

Well, it's 12:20 pm. Installation could not have gone better. I thought it would have taken 2 hours but they were done in about an hour. The trio of 1.25KW's are beautiful. The look is much more elegant than before. These amps are beefier in appearance and more compact than my 1.2's. The Dragon power cords fit significantly better into the receptacles. I like that a lot. How do they sound? I will have more to say about this later on but they sound terrific right out of the box. I noticed right off how smooth the cymbals were and there is no hint of stridency on the brass. I'm going to listen to a vocal soon. I'll post some pics soon. I'm so relieved the installation went well. No hitches or surprises at all. And zero hum or noise at 100% volume through CD/AES/EBU input. This is very important and you never know until you know.

Vintage Pete 10-11-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 935262)
Well, it's 12:20 pm. Installation could not have gone better. I thought it would have taken 2 hours but they were done in about an hour. The trio of 1.25KW's are beautiful. The look is much more elegant than before. These amps are beefier in appearance and more compact than my 1.2's. The Dragon power cords fit significantly better into the receptacles. I like that a lot. How do they sound? I will have more to say about this later on but they sound terrific right out of the box. I noticed right off how smooth the cymbals were and there is no hint of stridency on the brass. I'm going to listen to a vocal soon. I'll post some pics soon. I'm so relieved the installation went well. No hitches or surprises at all. And zero hum or noise at 100% volume through CD/AES/EBU input. This is very important and you never know until you know.

Congratulations Charles.....there is nothing, and I mean nothing like the big Mac amps. I'll be interested to hear your further impressions. :yes:

Masterlu 10-11-2018 06:17 PM

:ttiwwp:

Someone had to do it! :D

joey_v 10-11-2018 06:22 PM

Congrats Charles!