AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Analog Pressings (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Great day at the record shop (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34490)

edkoz 01-24-2016 02:28 PM

Great day at the record shop

Yesterday was a typical cold ,wet and snowy day up here in Rochester New York. What better way to spend the day than to spend a couple hours at the "Record Archive" in Rochester. For those who are not familiar with the store, It is a treasure chest of old and new recordings in all mediums. The vinyl selection is HUGH! They have been in business for 40+ years. What made it even more fun was that my wife came along and helped fill the cart with some of here favorite LPs (we both enjoy the sound and feeling that vinyl recordings provide). We added a bunch to the collection and are enjoying the day today listening to the new additions. Can't get much better than having your wife enjoying the vinyl as much as you do.:thumbsup:
Ed

maxsmart 01-24-2016 02:36 PM

Put a smile on my face!

TY

audioguy3107 01-24-2016 03:20 PM

Sounds like a fun time! The real question is how you got your wife to spend more than 15 minutes in a record store! :yikes: That's impressive.

- Buck

Catcher10 01-24-2016 04:56 PM

That is very cool....When my wife comes, she always adds in 2-3 records in the jazz genre that I would not think of....always good additions

Family Progtitioner 01-25-2016 09:25 AM

Looks like a road trip from Buffalo is in order this weekend. There's one decent vinyl store here but I find the prices to be way too high.

VicsVinyls 01-02-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edkoz (Post 755458)
Yesterday was a typical cold ,wet and snowy day up here in Rochester New York. What better way to spend the day than to spend a couple hours at the "Record Archive" in Rochester. For those who are not familiar with the store, It is a treasure chest of old and new recordings in all mediums. The vinyl selection is HUGH! They have been in business for 40+ years. What made it even more fun was that my wife came along and helped fill the cart with some of here favorite LPs (we both enjoy the sound and feeling that vinyl recordings provide). We added a bunch to the collection and are enjoying the day today listening to the new additions. Can't get much better than having your wife enjoying the vinyl as much as you do.:thumbsup:
Ed

Nice.
I just had a daughter on the 22nd and hope to dig around the crates with her.
I really enjoy vinyl for this reason, it brings back the community into the music.
Getting rid of my Spotify account was the best thing I have done in a while.

Mikado463 01-02-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edkoz (Post 755458)
Ed

Hey Ed,

another Rochester guy here (former East Sider) , I too can spend hours at Record Archive along with the Bop Shop and back in the day, House of Guitars on Titus Ave.

Next time I'm back home I'll give you a shout !

SCAudiophile 01-02-2018 03:37 PM

I used to love RA when I ljved ther many years go...it is the best!!!

Wow...2 words, great memories!