AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Dynaudio Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   What powers your Dyns? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=11745)

Josquin des Prez 08-14-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carvalhoj (Post 349343)
Thank you Dean
The thing with Naim, is that it is hard to describe. One of my favourite brands. You have a great system and that NAP250 is one of my favourites of their range, to top it you would need a NAP500.

I wouldn't mind having a NAP300. :D

I think the most sensible upgrade for my Naim gear would be a NAC282 to replace the 202. After that, a second HiCap to replace the NAPSC or maybe a Supercap to replace the HiCap/NAPSC.

MikeINaus 08-14-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Welcome to AA MikeINaus and Carvalhoj. :thumbsup:

Thanks RaceTripper, great to be here. :)

Intamin 09-03-2012 09:38 AM

I just purchased a new Octave V70se to power my C2s. It gets here Wednesday, and I can't wait!

joeinid 09-03-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intamin
I just purchased a new Octave V70se to power my C2s. It gets here Wednesday, and I can't wait!

Congrats on the Octave. I'd love to see a photo when you get it. Please let us know how it sounds.

Intamin 09-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 358970)
Congrats on the Octave. I'd love to see a photo when you get it. Please let us know how it sounds.

Will do! I got to listen to it paired with C1 sigs and it was phenominal. I can only hope it sounds as good on my C2s.

Josquin des Prez 09-03-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intamin (Post 358962)
I just purchased a new Octave V70se to power my C2s. It gets here Wednesday, and I can't wait!

I heard a system with a Clearaudio Ovation/Talisman v2 + Octave + C2 Mk II and it was just killer.

That very same Ovation/Talisman is now in my system.

joeinid 09-03-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intamin

Will do! I got to listen to it paired with C1 sigs and it was phenominal. I can only hope it sounds as good on my C2s.

Wow!

I am sure you are in for a treat. My C1 sigs are breaking in beautifully.

CDLehner 09-03-2012 08:26 PM

C-J mf-2250a, BAT VK-220; and now McCormack DNA-225...take your pick!

Time for a power-amp shoot-out! :banana:

crazycanuck 09-11-2012 04:47 PM

I am powering my C1's with Paas Labs X250 amp, and X1 preamp.
Just ran through the entire thread and didn't notice any other Pass amps.
Are there reasons noone else seems to have Dyns. powered with Pass?

Intamin 09-11-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycanuck (Post 362544)
I am powering my C1's with Paas Labs X250 amp, and X1 preamp.
Just ran through the entire thread and didn't notice any other Pass amps.
Are there reasons noone else seems to have Dyns. powered with Pass?

I used a Pass Labs X250.5 for about a week with my C2s. I didn't notice enough of an improvement in sound to justify the cost of the amp so I sold it. I was using an audio refinment multi 2 before and after the pass. Did some ab'ing, and the things I thought I was noticing with the pass, when I listened for them with the audio refinement I heard as well. Cool looking amp though and built like a tank!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.