AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Bat vk-655 se (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23279)

chessman 10-04-2013 11:26 AM

Bat vk-655 se

Does anyone have a BAT VK-655 SE? Has anyone compared it to the previous BAT VK-600 SE?

yonjay 10-17-2013 08:52 PM

Recently, I heard that 655SE with REX II but no 600SE.

Though there was no 600SE, I listen and feel 655SE is much much better and I like 655SE rather than REX II.

I think if you change fromm 600SE to 655SE, you will be satisfied with new amplifier's power, detail and dynamics and all ....

Should be listen 655SE. It was great!.

I has Ayre VX-R with Wilson Sasha but now will change to VK-655SE. Much much better.

I auditioned 655SE with Alexia and 655SE stereo model was controlled Alexia perfectly.
But ayre could not like that.

Anyway, I'll change to new 655SE.

tom_hankins 02-21-2014 07:27 AM

when I was thinking about moving from my REX monos to a SS amp I talked to man in CA. that had the 600, 600SE Monos and a stereo 655se. He thought the 655se was a big step above the 600se monos. Much bigger than the 600se above the 600. Hope this helps some.

johndoe21ro 12-09-2015 03:14 AM

No, it doesn't help that much... :scratch2:
I wonder if the essential difference between the VK-600SE and the newer VK-655SE comes from the replacement of the caps. I might wait a few more years and try an upgrade with some Silver/Gold Jensens, Mundorf top-of-the-line or even V-Caps instead of these old Aluminum/Paper in Oil caps that I have in the VK-600SE. Unfortunately there are so many caps inside this is going to cost a hole lotta money (probably a few thousand euros). :yes:
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

KVD 01-31-2016 04:26 AM

BAT VK-655 SE - Capacitors (Super-Pak)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 745882)
No, it doesn't help that much... :scratch2:
I wonder if the essential difference between the VK-600SE and the newer VK-655SE comes from the replacement of the caps. I might wait a few more years and try an upgrade with some Silver/Gold Jensens, Mundorf top-of-the-line or even V-Caps instead of these old Aluminum/Paper in Oil caps that I have in the VK-600SE. Unfortunately there are so many caps inside this is going to cost a hole lotta money (probably a few thousand euros). :yes:
Cables: Audioquest Sky XLR 72v DBS, Audioquest Everest DBS 72V, Audioquest NRG-10 72V DBS, Audioquest Diamond USB 216V DBS
Rack: Mapleshade Platforms
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Elite EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3

I am not familiar how this site works, sorry.

As for the BAT VK-655 SE :

2 weeks ago I recieved an email from Balanced (Viktor Khomenko) where was made clear that any owner of a VK-600 SE (or monoblock) can UPGRADE his BAT-PAK with the new SUPER-PAK from the VK 655 SE.

This would cover about 80% of the better and more refined performance of the new VK-655. And that is great news for all VK-600 SE owners.
Note that the cost is a considerably 3.500 USD. But certainly worth the price ! Hope to have been of assistance to anyone.

Koen. (user KVD)

jdandy 01-31-2016 01:06 PM

KVD.......Koen, welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

chessman 02-02-2016 08:38 AM

Koen, welcome! And thank you for the BAT information. :)

johndoe21ro 02-12-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KVD (Post 757032)
I am not familiar how this site works, sorry.

As for the BAT VK-655 SE :

2 weeks ago I recieved an email from Balanced (Viktor Khomenko) where was made clear that any owner of a VK-600 SE (or monoblock) can UPGRADE his BAT-PAK with the new SUPER-PAK from the VK 655 SE.

This would cover about 80% of the better and more refined performance of the new VK-655. And that is great news for all VK-600 SE owners.
Note that the cost is a considerably 3.500 USD. But certainly worth the price ! Hope to have been of assistance to anyone.

Koen. (user KVD)

Can you be more specific? I thought that a full option BAT amp has both the BAT-PAK and the SUPER-PAK! How can you replace an old BAT-PAK with a new SUPER-PAK? And what exactly do you mean by BAT-PAK and/or SUPER-PAK? Thanks! :)
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

johndoe21ro 11-10-2019 06:13 AM

I have recently replaced my BAT VK-655SE with a Vitus SS-010 Mk2 amp... So I am no longer a BATman! :no:
Nevertheless I'll always recommend their amplifiers as I have spent a lot of magic hours with BAT gear.
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest NRG WEL, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Other: Gryphon PowerZone, Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Orange & Blue Quantum Fuse