AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Built for the love of music..... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37143)

nirodha35 08-19-2019 01:08 PM

Dear Mark, Ivan, thank you :-). Al lot has happened to my set the last few years. Only my speakers stayed the same (Kef Ref. 207/2 (still love them). I went from Spectral and dCS to a Nagra only set. Never regretted this for a minute. My set consists out of a Classic amp, a Jazz pre-amp, a CDC CD-player and MPS (Multiple Power Supply). The pre and CDplayer go into this MPS. To get this MPS (a Huge improvement) I swopped this for an Elrod Statement Gold. The MPS feels like a total system upgrade BUT I really miss my Elrod(s). Nothing beats Elrod, for the reasons you mention above, Mark! Two days ago I practically sold my MIT MAX2 loudspeaker cables. If all goes well, they will be picked up this week. Which leaves me..... without music and a lot to think about. The Master Elrod Gold loudspeaker cable is big on my list. My set is very basic and by this I mean, I only need two powercords. Unfortunately I still have to work hard for my money ;-) so... I am thinking about what is best: a second hand Statement Gold with a Master Statement Diamond? Or two Master Statement Golds? I have to admit that I have an intense craving for the Diamond haha. The interlinks have to wait for now. Another way would be 2 Elron Master Diamonds and (for the time being, cheaper loudspeaker cables...Any input is welcome. Mark, I do not know how to send you a private mail with my (Dutch) phone number. Would be nice to have a chat :-). Wim

SCAudiophile 08-19-2019 07:08 PM

Glad to be of help....2 Master Series Statement Golds, taking the uniform path is what I would recommend of the 2 options that you cite. You will not be sorry...and by the way, most of us still have to work hard for our money [emoji3]!
Quote:

Originally Posted by nirodha35 (Post 976786)
Dear Mark, Ivan, thank you :-). Al lot has happened to my set the last few years. Only my speakers stayed the same (Kef Ref. 207/2 (still love them). I went from Spectral and dCS to a Nagra only set. Never regretted this for a minute. My set consists out of a Classic amp, a Jazz pre-amp, a CDC CD-player and MPS (Multiple Power Supply). The pre and CDplayer go into this MPS. To get this MPS (a Huge improvement) I swopped this for an Elrod Statement Gold. The MPS feels like a total system upgrade BUT I really miss my Elrod(s). Nothing beats Elrod, for the reasons you mention above, Mark! Two days ago I practically sold my MIT MAX2 loudspeaker cables. If all goes well, they will be picked up this week. Which leaves me..... without music and a lot to think about. The Master Elrod Gold loudspeaker cable is big on my list. My set is very basic and by this I mean, I only need two powercords. Unfortunately I still have to work hard for my money ;-) so... I am thinking about what is best: a second hand Statement Gold with a Master Statement Diamond? Or two Master Statement Golds? I have to admit that I have an intense craving for the Diamond haha. The interlinks have to wait for now. Another way would be 2 Elron Master Diamonds and (for the time being, cheaper loudspeaker cables...Any input is welcome. Mark, I do not know how to send you a private mail with my (Dutch) phone number. Would be nice to have a chat :-). Wim

nirodha35 08-20-2019 11:15 AM

Thanks Mark! How do the Shunyata interlinks / LS cables compare to Elrod?

SCAudiophile 05-03-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirodha35 (Post 976884)
Thanks Mark! How do the Shunyata interlinks / LS cables compare to Elrod?

Good Morning,..I just found that I had never responded to this for which you have my apologies.

For Digital (Clock50, Clock75, AES/EBU 110-ohm), in my humble opinion after many years (20+) and many brands, are the best digital cables on the planet in their Alpha and Sigma levels!

As for comparing speaker cables, interconnects and power cords all I can say is that Shunyata Sigma and Elrod Statement Gold and later Master Series Statement Gold levels of Elrod are on my 2 manufacturer list of Best of the Best and I will use only them in my system in various positions where each makes sense and further if I was building from scratch I could happily assemble the SOTA system to achieve the sound profile I seek by using all Shunyata SIGMA or all Elrod Statement Gold and Masters Series or any combination thereof.

They are keeper/forever brands and I won't be looking anywhere else as long as they both manufacture cables or until I leave this Earth whichever comes first. Strongest endorsement I can give obviously!

Beyond that however I will not compare as a matter of principal for various reasons including long-standing relationships with both Caelin and David, frequent contact and testing of new offerings, and the huge respect I have for both companies.

Questions (including how to post photos which looks like you were not able to complete), please send me a Private Message here on the system.

Mark

SCAudiophile 05-03-2020 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Late May...

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...6&d=1588511190

Attachment 61936

Masterlu 05-03-2020 11:44 AM

:naughty:

SCAudiophile 05-03-2020 05:05 PM

Most definitely....[emoji106]

1KW 05-09-2020 06:44 AM

In a word WOW !

SCAudiophile 05-09-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 1004297)
In a word WOW !

Thanks! For your system also...you always have such a great lineup of gear and speakers (always been a fan of Strads!)!!!

SCAudiophile 06-02-2020 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sometimes a picture is worth many words [emoji846]Attachment 62139