AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Who doesn’t love a great audio rack (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45223)

Antonmb 03-25-2019 04:08 PM

I would lean towards investing in the right rack to start with and then saving up for footers. My logic is that there is a strong aesthetic component to a rack, and not all isolation devices work the same with different racks. Also it’s a lot easier to test and change footers than racks. For instance you may invest in Nordost footers, then decide on a Quadrapsire rack and discover that the footers don’t go so well with the Quad. Buy a good rack, then you can make decisions later about what footers to use with it.

Antonmb 03-25-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 958486)
[B]Lets try to get this thread back on point.

+1

Audioraven 03-25-2019 04:46 PM

I like Cinder Blocks myself. Very sturdy and stable.

NZ421291 03-25-2019 06:03 PM

Isn't it funny, a 'rack' in New Zealand is a piece of equipment used in Snooker. It doesn't mean to us what I now think it means in the USA.

I guess its a bit like the word 'fanny': very offensive in NZ & Australia but is ok in the USA as it means something else.

I always laugh that people in the USA are named 'Randy'- I know its a contraction of Randell, however, no-one in NZ, Australia or the UK would ever call their child that name, as it means something entirely different.

The Queens English, always evolving, changing: and with the same word or saying having different meanings due to which 'English' speaking country you were born in!

My Dad, who is multi-lingual, says English is the most difficult language to learn, due to words having multiple meanings, and being full of French words pronounced incorrectly!

bart 03-25-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ421291 (Post 958552)
Isn't it funny, a 'rack' in New Zealand is a piece of equipment used in Snooker. It doesn't mean to us what I now think it means in the USA.

I guess its a bit like the word 'fanny': very offensive in NZ & Australia but is ok in the USA as it means something else.

I always laugh that people in the USA are named 'Randy'- I know its a contraction of Randell, however, no-one in NZ, Australia or the UK would ever call their child that name, as it means something entirely different.

The Queens English, always evolving, changing: and with the same word or saying having different meanings due to which 'English' speaking country you were born in!

My Dad, who is multi-lingual, says English is the most difficult language to learn, due to words having multiple meanings, and being full of French words pronounced incorrectly!

As not native English speaker, I just learnt something here!

randy | ˈrandē |

adjective (randier, randiest)
1 informal sexually aroused or excited.
2 Scottish archaic (of a person) having a rude, aggressive manner.

DERIVATIVES
randily | -dəlē | adverb
randiness | ˈrandēnəs | noun

ORIGIN
mid 17th century: perhaps from obsolete rand‘rant, rave’, from obsolete Dutch randen ‘to rant’.

chessman 03-25-2019 08:06 PM

Now, I’m triggered! 🤪

jdandy 03-25-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 958566)
Now, I’m triggered! 🤪

:lmao: . :lmao: . :lmao:

Cohibaman 03-25-2019 11:20 PM

I’m cracking up here!!!

Masterlu 03-25-2019 11:26 PM

I hope I’m not too far off topic here; but I ordered a new HRS SXR rack for my new HW-40 TT.

Cohibaman 03-25-2019 11:38 PM

Who doesn’t love a great audio rack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 958593)
I hope I’m not too far off topic here; but I ordered a new HRS SXR rack for my new HW-40 TT.

:roflmao:

Didn’t happen w/o pics btw...