AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Qobuz USA (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44789)

PHC1 01-04-2019 01:26 PM

Qobuz USA

Looks like they are selecting Beta testers for Qobuz US. I received an email to be selected as a Beta tester. I am not in any hurry and perfectly happy with Roon/Tidal at the moment but once Qobuz launches I may look into joining as well at some point. Shouldn't be much longer I guess for the Qobuz to be up and running from the US platform.

SL1800 01-04-2019 01:28 PM

I received the same email. I would be willing to look further into their offerings if it’s available on Roon.

PHC1 01-04-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL1800 (Post 947729)
I received the same email. I would be willing to look further into their offerings if it’s available on Roon.

I have looked into that and so far I see no plans of integration between Roon and Qobuz

Audiophilehi 01-04-2019 02:09 PM

I received the email as well. I just filled it out and submitted.

knecht 01-04-2019 02:15 PM

I follow a couple Qobuz threads in different forums and all indicators suggest a Roon integration is already in the works. Roon will not publicly confirm, but it seems likely based on what I've heard and read. I used the Qobuz trial (registered from the UK) until it ended and preferred it over Tidal.

PHC1 01-04-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knecht (Post 947733)
I follow a couple Qobuz threads in different forums and all indicators suggest a Roon integration is already in the works. Roon will not publicly confirm, but it seems likely based on what I've heard and read. I used the Qobuz trial (registered from the UK) until it ended and preferred it over Tidal.

That's very good news if true. :yes:

2fastdriving 01-04-2019 02:40 PM

I got the email too but it's a non-starter for me now that I'm Roon/Tidal with a dedicated Intel Nuc server.

I'm so done with all the computer crap. If anyone is out there wanting to get into computer audio but doesn't want to deal with laptops and downloading updates and drivers and on and on...Roon/Tidal/Nuc (or maybe small green computer or the Roon nucleus) is THE way to go.

If Qobuz integrates with Roon later, I'll evaluate it.

W9TR 01-04-2019 03:16 PM

I feel so left out. No e-mail for me! :(

Antonmb 01-04-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 947730)
I have looked into that and so far I see no plans of integration between Roon and Qobuz

Both Roon and Qobuz have said they’re working on it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Antonmb 01-04-2019 05:08 PM

Qobuz USA

I got the email also, but they still don’t have all their licensing in place for the US, so the selection is not as broad yet as the French site. I’ll keep my French account for now, but may shift over if they get their act together with Roon.