AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sonus Faber Stradivari Palladio DONE! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=5092)

howiebrou 09-04-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.tonetti (Post 104958)
The most powerful and refined 50 watts I ever have heard. :thumbsup:

The ability of pilotage is unbelievable.

I have read of very satisfied customers of the coupled one Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage and Nagra VPA.

http://www.puremusicgroup.com/yabbfi..._001_Small.jpg

Wow!

m.tonetti 09-04-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 104960)
Great photo!!!

Do you know what the other gear in the photo are?

That looks like another power amp in the center???

Burmester 001 - CD Player.

two dot 09-04-2010 11:49 AM

Is the CDP driving the amps directly?

I don't see a "pre"

m.tonetti 09-04-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 104980)
Is the CDP driving the amps directly?

I don't see a "pre"

Yes.

"The 001 isn't just a CD player—it's also a fully functional preamp for a digital-only system. There are four digital inputs of three different types, selected by a front-panel button, and an indicator LED to confirm that the unit has synced to a digital input. All digital inputs, including the onboard disc transport, are upsampled to 24-bit/96kHz via a proprietary Burmester DSP algorithm, prior to D/A conversion. The 001 also has three types of digital outputs, should you, for some reason, want to bypass its multi-kilobuck filter, DAC, and analog stages—or, in my case, drive a CD recorder.

On the analog side are both single-ended and balanced outputs, and the 001 can be set for either variable or fixed analog output level by simply turning the unit off and back on while holding down the Volume button. In the variable output mode, which lets you to connect the 001 directly to your amps and sell your preamp on eBay to help pay for the Burmester, the volume is varied in 60 discrete steps, and the level is displayed on the 001's front panel. Volume control is entirely electronic—no potentiometers—and done in the analog domain. And since the 001's output stage is essentially the same one used in Burmester's line stages, it's capable of driving any combination of cable and power amplifier. However, if you do use a preamp, the 001's fixed outputs can be set for one of two levels, 6dB apart, to better match the level of your other sources. The 001 also offers a choice of two different analog filters; according to Burmester, the Soft filter "is tuned to a spatial and warm sound," and the Linear filter "offers optimally linear phase and frequency characteristic in addition to spatial and warm sound."

From Stereophile.

two dot 09-04-2010 01:56 PM

Massimo,

WOW!!! Talk about function.

Thanks for the explanation.

That Burmeister is is very serious stuff and surly a force to be reckoned with.

TommyC 09-04-2010 02:31 PM

Massimo, that is a very good looking (and I'm sure, sounding) room!

Is 50W class A enough to drive the Stradivari to provide enough headroom and dynamic?

1KW 09-04-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 104482)
I am simply using the Meridian DSP3100s for now. I have no dedicated HT room any more so my 2.0 system will have to do. The good thing about Meridian is that the same speakers function as 2 channel and home theatre seamlessly :yes:

Howie,

If I remember correctly you built a brand new home theater room last year with a retractable screen from the ceiling ? Did you move or is this still the room you use for 2 channel as well as home theater ?

vintage_tube 09-04-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.tonetti (Post 104958)
The most powerful and refined 50 watts I ever have heard. :thumbsup:

The ability of pilotage is unbelievable.

I have read of very satisfied customers of the coupled one Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage and Nagra VPA.

http://www.puremusicgroup.com/yabbfi..._001_Small.jpg

I was about to respond to this earlier as it's absolutely beautiful -- but couldn't at the time because as I was about to type, the keyboard was covered in saliva droolings.(:D)

These posts about Strads are becoming popular these days.:yes:

Bob

howiebrou 09-04-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 105030)
Howie,

If I remember correctly you built a brand new home theater room last year with a retractable screen from the ceiling ? Did you move or is this still the room you use for 2 channel as well as home theater ?

Sold the house already :yes: The new owner wanted the screen so I am now using my old 80 inch manual screen in my rental place as a stop gap measure. There is no dedicated listening room anymore. With all the work I put into the old place it was a shame but when you stand to make a good profit who cares? It just means I can build a bigger and better one next time!:banana:

m.tonetti 09-05-2010 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 105023)
... Is 50W class A enough to drive the Stradivari to provide enough headroom and dynamic?

Personally I never tried the combination but I have read of very satisfied customers of the coupled.

Sonus Faber Stradivari have a Sensitivity of 92dB SPL.

Nagra VPA is very easy to manage, have a Sensitivity Input of 0.4V.