AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magico Q7 Mk II: First Listen (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31408)

Steady339 04-30-2015 08:14 PM

Magico Q7 Mk II: First Listen

First Listen: Magico Q7 Mk.II | The Absolute Sound

WillydeWoofer 05-01-2015 12:50 AM

It sounds that someone from Magico visited a live performance of acoustic instruments. Finaly :tresbon:

"these speakers sound different than other Magico's" so ................

In an other topic I told these things before.

Come on Magico lovers kill Robert and me.

imprezap2 05-01-2015 03:04 AM

Did you read the article ? , "It's not as though Magico set out to fundamentally change the sound of its loudspeakers"

So yes there will be a difference, but there won't be miles between them.

"what was already in my view the state of the art in loudspeakers"

amati 05-01-2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillydeWoofer (Post 696520)
It sounds that someone from Magico visited a live performance of acoustic instruments. Finaly :tresbon:

"these speakers sound different than other Magico's" so ................

In an other topic I told these things before.

It's very good from you that you told this before, and finally Magico has a good sound :boring:

Venere 05-01-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezap2 (Post 696531)
Did you read the article ? , "It's not as though Magico set out to fundamentally change the sound of its loudspeakers" So yes there will be a difference, but there won't be miles between them. "what was already in my view the state of the art in loudspeakers"

All of the comments ive read from those who heard them including Mr Wolf himself mentioned that they do sound fundamentally different from other Magicos. One person even said the first time they heard them they thought something was broken, the sound was so different. So yeah, this is a big change to Magicos house sound going forward.

imprezap2 05-02-2015 04:57 PM

my response was more directed to willydewoofer, for sure new technology will improve the performance of Magico speakers. Anyyway, not in the mood to argue, to much enjoying a new blu ray from "Herman Van Veen" (Kersvers in Carre), which sounds absolutely fantastic.

cmarin 05-02-2015 11:19 PM

You can read whatever message you wish to read from Robert Hartley's article but the bottom line is this directly from Harley's own words:

1. "The Q7 is, in my view, one of the world's greatest speakers—perhaps the greatest."

2. " This new tweeter, coupled with the improvement in the midrange diaphragm and the crossover revision, does for the Q7 something I wouldn't have thought possible: significantly improved what was already in my view the state of the art in loudspeakers."

MasterChief 05-03-2015 04:29 AM

Kudos to Magico for using Graphene but it is not new, as the article say it is:

"The Mk.II also benefits from an entirely new midrange cone material, called Graphene. This material is so new it's never before been used in any product in any field."

This kinds of mistakes in an article severely reduce the quality imho. It has been around for some time.

Graphene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bart 05-03-2015 05:45 AM

^^^^^Carlos, that is exactly what I read too!

WillydeWoofer 05-03-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 697023)
^^^^^Carlos, that is exactly what I read too!

Than I can advise you too to read the whole story and not only what you wonna "hear".

Did I discuss the crazy price of this new speaker already? It's only business.