AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Accuphase E-470 cable question. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44893)

plb0202 01-16-2019 05:22 AM

Accuphase E-470 cable question.

Apologies for the post that doesn’t really follow the thread but i am not sure where to post this. I have an e-470 running a dc-901 as the source and am wanting recommendations around XLR/balanced interconnect sitting between the two components. I currently have a 15$ XLR. Has anyone had experience with the Accuphase aslc or alc cables or perhaps performed a comparison of the two. Any other recommendations for these components is also appreciated. Thanks from a first time poster.

Masterlu 01-16-2019 05:55 PM

plb0202... Welcome to AA! :wave:

ktliao88 01-16-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plb0202 (Post 949385)
Apologies for the post that doesn’t really follow the thread but i am not sure where to post this. I have an e-470 running a dc-901 as the source and am wanting recommendations around XLR/balanced interconnect sitting between the two components. I currently have a 15$ XLR. Has anyone had experience with the Accuphase aslc or alc cables or perhaps performed a comparison of the two. Any other recommendations for these components is also appreciated. Thanks from a first time poster.

The RCA cables (ASL-15 , brown color) shipped with Accuphase machine has very good performance which can match or exceed other US$200 cables. For XLR, Accuphase also ahs ASLC-15.

The price range of cables are very huge from $10 to $10000 or even higher. plb0202, what is your budget? Which direction of sound quality you want to improve?

plb0202 01-16-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 949462)
plb0202... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Cheers,

Loving all the Accuphase chatter thats available here.

plb0202 01-16-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktliao88 (Post 949498)
The RCA cables (ASL-15 , brown color) shipped with Accuphase machine has very good performance which can match or exceed other US$200 cables. For XLR, Accuphase also ahs ASLC-15.

The price range of cables are very huge from $10 to $10000 or even higher. plb0202, what is your budget? Which direction of sound quality you want to improve?

I have the brown RCA however given my configuration the supplied cable is not long enough, I need a little under 3 metres and was considering the Accuphase XLR range. The SR series are quite pricey in OZ and if there wasn't a massive difference sonically to the PFC series I'd likely go that way. Given it would be a choice thats kinda done blind folded I was seeking someone with prior Accuphase interconnect experience.

Cheers

Dsholl1 01-17-2019 12:20 AM

I found the Accuphase ASLC is better than most XLR I have tried and a lot better than the stock ASL which is no slouch.

Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app

jesuisunutopiste 01-17-2019 06:13 AM

Very good question to the experts:
how good are the cables that Accuphase provides with the machines?
Can they really match other cables at 200 US$?

plb0202 01-19-2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktliao88 (Post 949498)

I'm not sure I could pick a specific area in sound quality I want/can improve. Not saying there is not room for improvement just that I would be able to tell you if I heard it rather than being able to point to it without hearing. If you follow my logic. I find my DC-901 -> E-470 combination is sounding pretty good to me. I was wondering if I might get a lift from using an Accuphase interconnect, maybe additional detail and clarity in the sound stage.

My understanding is Accuphase's intent for building their cables is to ensure they do not influence the sound at all and let the components do all the talking.

Cheers

ktliao88 01-22-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plb0202 (Post 949719)
I find my DC-901 -> E-470 combination is sounding pretty good to me. I was wondering if I might get a lift from using an Accuphase interconnect, maybe additional detail and clarity in the sound stage.

Compared to your US$10 XLR cables, Accuphase cables will definitely give you much better sound experience.

However, the retail price of Accuphase ASLC XLR is not friendly. For similar price range I will choose Cardas or other brand cables.

catacore 07-08-2020 12:16 PM

Hi guys
Talking about the Accuphase Super Refined XLR cables, is there any physical difference between the (old) SCL and the (new) ASCL cables? Exterior difference, I mean, like colour, cannons, etc. If I am to buy a used one, without box, how would I know if it is the SCL or the ASCL one?