AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   RMAF 2013 Official Pictures (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Legacy Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23440)

wpascoe 10-13-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 540474)
I also have the Whisper XD speaker with the older tweeter configuration. I have heard the new AMT at shows, and that is not the ideal place to determine if there are major positive differences, I'm curious to know the differences between the older tweeter configuration, and the AMT. I also agree when set up properly the Whispers have a very wide sweet spot, and are more room independent than other speakers I've used. I'm currently debating if I should consider a pair with the new AMT tweeter, or if I should consider adding a pair of subwoofers. Glad to hear you also are enjoying you Whisper XD's. What finish do your Whisper's have?

My Whispers are finished in Rosewood, and match the finish on a Legacy surround system (surround towers, sub, center) that was initially configured with original Legacy Focus towers. Not only does the system provide fantastic sound, it's also got a high WAF.

You're right about the room independence, and thanks for catching that and adding it. I was lucky enough to have Bill Duddleston arrive with my Whispers. After they'd been moved into place and cabled properly, it took him all of 45 minutes to tune the speakers to my room using the Xilica processor -- and that's a huge help in my room, which has odd angles and openings and other acoustic challenges.

You should call Doug Brown at Legacy and ask if they can retrofit your current speakers with the AMT. If I understand correctly, that's a service they're offering, and it's dependent on when your current speakers were produced.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

enit 10-13-2013 12:23 PM

Glad to see more Legacy activity. They are super for the $$.

Wonder why they aren't as popular as some of the other brands. 20Hz on signatures, that's insane for the price. And they really mean what they spec.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

bjski 01-11-2014 05:16 PM

I just ordered the Aeris. I have 3 year old Focus SE and looking forward to the Aeris. The Aeris won't be ready till March. I think the Whisper's would be too big for my man cave.

RoadDawgWest 01-11-2014 05:43 PM

bjski
What finish did you order?

bjski 01-11-2014 10:52 PM

Rosewood Black Pearl.........Cabernet Black Pearl was another month.

RoadDawgWest 01-11-2014 11:10 PM

That should be a great finish. Look forward to your impressions on the Aeris.

bjski 01-12-2014 05:41 PM

I'll keep you posted. I'll give my impression once they break in.

enit 01-12-2014 09:53 PM

Looking forward!

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

RoadDawgWest 01-30-2014 12:44 AM

Legacy now has a Whisper XDS on their website. This is a new model number designation for the Whisper speaker. Besides the AMT (Air Motion Tweeter) I can't really determine what is different from the XD model.

legacyaudio.com/products/view/whisper-xd/

Anyone know more details about the Whisper XDS?

wpascoe 01-30-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 575410)
Legacy now has a Whisper XDS on their website. This is a new model number designation for the Whisper speaker. Besides the AMT (Air Motion Tweeter) I can't really determine what is different from the XD model. legacyaudio.com/products/view/whisper-xd/ Anyone know more details about the Whisper XDS?

First I've heard of the XDS. As a very happy owner of the Whisper XD, I'm very curious. I'll see what I can find out from Legacy.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado