AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Shunyata Alpha USB 1.5 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45718)

crwilli 04-29-2019 10:52 PM

Shunyata Alpha USB 1.5

Early comparisons to the WireWorld Platinum Starlight USB say the Shunyata Alpha is better and I think I could pass a blind test.

It seems to provide more definition and to be more relaxed at the same time. Maybe from lower noise? Don’t know, but listening will continue. Pretty busy for the next week so this is going to take some time.

Puma Cat 04-30-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 963203)
Early comparisons to the WireWorld Platinum Starlight USB say the Shunyata Alpha is better and I think I could pass a blind test.

It seems to provide more definition and to be more relaxed at the same time. Maybe from lower noise? Don’t know, but listening will continue. Pretty busy for the next week so this is going to take some time.

Yes, this is my impression, too. VERY quiet, clearly more definition, yet more relaxed, and "musical" at the same time. "Sweet-sounding" in the best possible meaning of the term (NOT warm, syrupy, colored). Also, with a burned-in one, more spaciousness, air, open-ness, refined yet defined top-end, better bass definition, articulation and texture, instrumental and vocal weight, more refined and complex vocal and instrumental timbres.

John Jordan 05-02-2019 11:26 PM

Looks like The Throne of the WW Plat has been seriously challenged!

Puma Cat 05-02-2019 11:34 PM

I think the WW Plat has been dethroned....

Masterlu 05-03-2019 12:58 AM

Platinum Starlight 8 USB will be making it’s debut in Munich.

That said, they have their work cut out for them.

Puma Cat 05-04-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 963203)

CR,
How is the Shunyata Alpha USB doing for you?

crwilli 05-05-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 963806)
CR,

How is the Shunyata Alpha USB doing for you?

We have guests so I haven’t listened to my system for a number of days. Should get back to it this week.

bart 05-05-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 963834)
We have guests so I haven’t listened to my system for a number of days. Should get back to it this week.

Craig, only this week?
I thought you were serious about this hobby?! :D

crwilli 05-05-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 963849)
Craig, only this week?

I thought you were serious about this hobby?! :D

Ha! Happy wife, happy life.

robfine 05-05-2019 12:11 PM

Comes down to a choice of listening to his new Alpha with background noise or no background noise.