AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Revel Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Revel Ultima 2 Line? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2792)

Uberbrown 12-02-2009 04:20 PM

Revel Ultima 2 Line?

Anyone have any experience with these? Salon2, Studio2, Gem 2?

Do they warrant this statement?
Stereophile: Revel Ultima Salon2 loudspeaker
Quote:

Revel Ultima Salon2 is the best-performing, most natural-sounding full-range loudspeaker I have auditioned in my listening room since I started writing for Stereophile in 1984. The Revel design team has smoothed the Salon1's upper midrange while retaining that award-winning speaker's powerful bass extension, timbral accuracy, and superb dynamics. The result is an open and transparent top end, an utterly neutral and grain-free midrange, and bass that is extended and pitch-perfect. The Ultima Salon2 does all this while sounding completely neutral, with top-to-bottom smoothness, coherence, and remarkable resolution of detail.

PHC1 12-02-2009 04:28 PM

Like I mentioned in another post about choosing speakers. It will come down to synergy with partnering gear. An ultra linear, revealing speaker like the Revel Salon2 will require refined sounding partnering gear and a room that addresses their needs. I'm sure if those conditions are met, it would be a very impressive system.

Uberbrown 12-02-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 50937)
Like I mentioned in another post about choosing speakers. It will come down to synergy with partnering gear. An ultra linear, revealing speaker like the Revel Salon2 will require refined sounding partnering gear and a room that addresses their needs. I'm sure if those conditions are met, it would be a very impressive system.

Do you mean smooth, like Lamm, or even McIntosh? As opposed to Krell which may be too forward with a revealing speaker?

PHC1 12-02-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberbrown (Post 50939)
Do you mean smooth, like Lamm, or even McIntosh? As opposed to Krell which may be too forward with a revealing speaker?

That would depend on personal preference. Any of those 3 as well as another dozen of others can make someone very happy depending on their listening preference. One person's resolving, open and detailed is another's fatiguing, hyper analytical and too revealing.

cmalak 12-02-2009 07:33 PM

wpines on AA member who owns one of the Revel Ultima 2 speakers (I forget which model). Here is a thread he has on the Revel speakers: http://audioaficionado.org/general-s...350-revel.html

Mikado463 03-19-2016 02:55 PM

Soon to be another member of the Revel team .........Studio 2's ordered earlier this week. My 30 plus years of di-poles (Maggies and Logans) will come to an end.

crwilli 03-19-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 768190)
Soon to be another member of the Revel team .........Studio 2's ordered earlier this week. My 30 plus years of di-poles (Maggies and Logans) will come to an end.

Congratulations Dave!

Jack in Wilmington 03-19-2016 08:15 PM

Quote:

Awesome Dave. Congrats. Will you sell the ML's, or use them in another application?

oddeophile 03-19-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

you'll love em. I adore mine.

Mikado463 03-19-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington (Post 768260)
Will you sell the ML's, or use them in another application?

Jack,

My Martin Logan Spires will be for sale