AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustical Treatments (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Treating our room. Part II (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43693)

mcpaf76 09-03-2018 09:28 AM

Looks great, blends with the room nicely.

bart 09-03-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaf76 (Post 929815)
Looks great, blends with the room nicely.

Was mandatory for the Missus!
And I also like some harmony in our living room. :thumbsup:

mcpaf76 09-03-2018 07:09 PM

Absolutely, no reason you can’t have both sound and looks.

antipop 10-27-2018 11:05 AM

Congratulations Bart. I still remember fondly my last visit (and only) visit to your place.

I’m still enjoying very much my Halgorythme but now in a very narrow English house

vegaracer1 10-27-2018 11:16 AM

Those speakers look so great in the room. I love the way the reflections work with their shape.
I have seen photos of just the speakers and was indifferent about the shape, but in a room it's beautiful.

cmarin 10-27-2018 12:10 PM

Thank you Bart for sharing your experience with the room treatments and congratulations on achieving a wonderful improvement in your sound system.

Very happy for you!

bart 10-27-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 937411)
Congratulations Bart. I still remember fondly my last visit (and only) visit to your place.

I’m still enjoying very much my Halgorythme but now in a very narrow English house

Georges, it sounds so much better now with the better speaker placement and the treatments (and thick carpet).
You're welcome any time to visit!

bart 10-27-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaracer1 (Post 937416)
Those speakers look so great in the room. I love the way the reflections work with their shape.
I have seen photos of just the speakers and was indifferent about the shape, but in a room it's beautiful.

Thank you!
I've grown quite fond of their looks.
And my wife loves them too, what's more to wish?! :banana:

bart 10-27-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarin (Post 937430)
Thank you Bart for sharing your experience with the room treatments and congratulations on achieving a wonderful improvement in your sound system.

Very happy for you!

Carlos, thank you!

bigblue 10-27-2018 05:17 PM

Thank you Bart for sharing your project with great photos from a superb room.
I take it the treatments on both sides of the tv is intended for the first reflection of the treble. If so...
I have always thought that sound waves in the higher frequencies traveled straight forward from the membrane with little omni directional energy. And treatments would be more efficient on side and back walls.
But I have limited knowledge in this area and would be grateful if could you enlighten me on the thoughts behind the placement.