AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   B&W Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New DB Series Subwoofers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38556)

bart 02-09-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepers (Post 831390)
Is the European release date known ?

"Soon" said my yesterday's daily Hifi newsletter. :D

SCAudiophile 02-09-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Butler (Post 831345)
Correct. I've done the setup/calibration on a prototype sub, and it was a breeze. As long as your Android or iOS has the app and bluetooth is on, the app recognizes all the DB Series subs and allows you to adjust of of them independently.

No mic? How does the RoomEQ tell what is happening in-room?

Patrick Butler 02-09-2017 05:43 PM

Once you engage the software, the sub generates it's own test signals and the phone acts as the microphone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 831395)
No mic? How does the RoomEQ tell what is happening in-room?

susu 02-10-2017 01:26 PM

i'm happy to see they procuced smaller db series.
Didnt want the DB1 because too big for my room.

Please advice me on combination with 804D2. Perhaps DB3D ?
One they I will buy the 803D3, for futurproofing is better DB2D ?

I see all models go as deep as 10hz ? Is this correct ?

Are there other differences than only size of the woofer in the different models ?

susu 02-10-2017 01:45 PM

I've just tried to see if there was any bass in my 804D2 so i switched my accuphase e 600 to volume knob 4 with the compensator switch ON AND a 50cent rap cd, lets say im very assured :music::thumbsup:

But the problem is that i listen to classic vocal and polyphony and these cd's are often "lightly" recorded, without much bass....

hartmann-nbg 02-15-2017 07:10 AM

Just ordered a DB1D

SCAudiophile 02-15-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Butler (Post 831399)
Once you engage the software, the sub generates it's own test signals and the phone acts as the microphone.

Thank you very much; do you happen to know if they allow for running the software from a Windows or Mac laptop instead of a phone? Also, is there any provision for use of a high quality microphone, cable and mic pre-amp? I'd hate to stake the performance of my audio system on something as remedial as a typical Android or iPhone built-in microphone. Thank you!

jeepers 02-15-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hartmann-nbg (Post 832352)
Just ordered a DB1D

What is the delivery date ?

Patrick Butler 02-15-2017 05:22 PM

Hi SCAudiophile,

The app will only run on an Android or iOS device. Regarding a better quality microphone, I don't know if the system will accommodate one. That said, I found my iPhone 6S did a great job as a mic when I used it in December to tune a prototype sub. Not sure how much better my calibrated UMIK-1 would have been.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 832355)
Thank you very much; do you happen to know if they allow for running the software from a Windows or Mac laptop instead of a phone? Also, is there any provision for use of a high quality microphone, cable and mic pre-amp? I'd hate to stake the performance of my audio system on something as remedial as a typical Android or iPhone built-in microphone. Thank you!

SCAudiophile 02-15-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Butler (Post 832437)
Hi SCAudiophile,

The app will only run on an Android or iOS device. Regarding a better quality microphone, I don't know if the system will accommodate one. That said, I found my iPhone 6S did a great job as a mic when I used it in December to tune a prototype sub. Not sure how much better my calibrated UMIK-1 would have been.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Patrick,...thank you for the clarification. Can you write me via PM and send specifics on the frequency specs; there seem to be 1 or 2 different versions of what the low freq extent and roll-off specs are out there for the big sub. Would also like to know practicalities of using it only as a 2-channel music sub....thanks!