AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   My first assignment for The Absolute Sound: Gold Note PH-10 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46773)

Puma Cat 10-02-2019 06:57 PM

My first assignment for The Absolute Sound: Gold Note PH-10

Robert Harley, editor of The Absolute Sound, has very kindly agreed to take me on as a contributing writer, contingent on the quality of a first review I'm writing for the magazine.

My first review will be of the Gold Note PH-10 phono stage. This phono stage is differentiated by being adjustable for 6 different equalization curves, a range of impedance loadings, and also for supporting a high-quality external power supply, the Gold Note PSU-10.

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...54.17%20PM.jpg

I'm pleased to say that both the phono stage and external power supply arrived today, Robert just sent me the recently updated Style Guide for Authors, and I'm good to go!

Stay tuned....:thumbsup:

Antonmb 10-02-2019 07:34 PM

Very cool Stephen, it will be fun to have another reviewer among us. Are you doing the photography as well for the equipment you review?

Audiophilehi 10-02-2019 07:57 PM

Congratulations Stephen! That’s such great news. I’m looking forward to your review as I have the Gold Note PH-10. No pressure but me purchasing the PSU-10 rides on your review.:D :D. Just kidding. The PSU-10 is in my near future.

audioguy3107 10-02-2019 08:03 PM

Whoa, that’s really cool......congrats! Looking forward to seeing it. So how did this come about?

- Buck

Puma Cat 10-02-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 981308)
Very cool Stephen, it will be fun to have another reviewer among us. Are you doing the photography as well for the equipment you review?

Not sure. I can do the photography for sure, it depends on whether Robert Harley wants me to do it or not.

Puma Cat 10-02-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 981315)
Congratulations Stephen! That’s such great news. I’m looking forward to your review as I have the Gold Note PH-10. No pressure but me purchasing the PSU-10 rides on your review.:D :D. Just kidding. The PSU-10 is in my near future.

:thumbsup:

Puma Cat 10-02-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 981318)
Whoa, that’s really cool......congrats! Looking forward to seeing it. So how did this come about?

- Buck

I was recommended to Robert Harley by a friend in the industry. I sent him my professional background (I've published numerous papers in prestigious scientific journals e.g. Science and The Proceedings of National Academy of the Sciences, etc.) and some example writing I've done in other places (including being published multiple times on a large photography blog, The Online Photographer and in motorcycle roadracing publications).

Editor Harley was open to it, so I'm writing a first review as a trial for the magazine.

He also likes my photography. :D

audioguy3107 10-02-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 981326)
I was recommended to Robert Harley by a friend in the industry. I sent him my professional background (I've published numerous papers in prestigious scientific journals e.g. Science and The Proceedings of National Academy of the Sciences, etc.) and some example writing I've done in other places (including being published multiple times on a large photography blog, The Online Photographer and in motorcycle roadracing publications).

Editor Harley was open to it, so I'm writing a first review as a trial for the magazine.

He also likes my photography. :D

Man, that's really awesome, congrats again.

Buck

jdandy 10-02-2019 08:57 PM

Stephen.......I am happy for you. I can feel your excitement at this new assignment. I can also say with a measure of confidence that you will be a success. Congratulations on the new gig. Looking forward to reading your inaugural review.

Puma Cat 10-02-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 981329)
Stephen.......I am happy for you. I can feel your excitement at this new assignment. I can also say with a measure of confidence that you will be a success. Congratulations on the new gig. Looking forward to reading your inaugural review.

Thank you, Dan. Coming from a reviewer as talented and gifted as yourself, that means a lot to me.