AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Lamm (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What cables for the Lamm combo ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10035)

soundslikemusic 09-21-2011 08:31 AM

What cables for the Lamm combo ?

Hi guys,

Just want an idea what cables are you guys using with your lamms ?
I myself have limited experience but if i want a warm sound, i use the purist audio design cables. if i want more dynamics, details, faster transients, more stable imaging & focus, i use the MITs.
Would be curious what you guys are using ?

So far, any cables i used seems to sound great w/ the Lamms.

SLM

PHC1 09-21-2011 10:51 AM

I liked Transparent the most when I had Lamm. Tried Purist, it was a close second.

SRT-10 Viper 09-23-2011 07:39 AM

I have tried Transparent Ultra's and recently bought a 1 meter pair of Nordost Valhalla's. I like the Nordost better in my setup. I went back to the Transparent cables this past week for a couple days and decided to go back to the Nordost cables.

JackD201 01-17-2012 03:00 AM

I use VSA Masterbuilt Signatures which I distribute.

Of the cables I've installed for clients that I do not distribute, Kubala-Sosna Elations are my favorite.

thesaint519 04-08-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundslikemusic
Hi guys,

I myself have limited experience but if i want a warm sound, i use the purist audio design cables. if i want more dynamics, details, faster transients, more stable imaging & focus, i use the MITs.

SLM

I'm considering a pair of MIT Oracle speaker cable to mate with the Sasha/Lamm combo. Would you give me some more detail regarding your MIT set up and experience? What model do you use? And what model would you recommend in my set up? Thx in advance.

Myles B. Astor 04-08-2012 10:07 PM

LAMM has for the last couple of years at CES used the Kubala-Sosna Elation cables.

thesaint519 04-28-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundslikemusic
Hi guys,

SLM

Vladimir Lamm uses Purist Audio in his personal reference system. However, I have finally adopted the philosophy that lets my ears make the final determination.

Whart 04-30-2012 12:35 PM

I am using the K-Sonsa interconnects and power cords with L2 line stage and ML amps.

Thimios 04-30-2012 12:53 PM

Jorma Design Origo. The best I've tried so far.

thesaint519 04-30-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whart
I am using the K-Sonsa interconnects and power cords with L2 line stage and ML amps.

I'd like to hear what u think about the L2, and the Lamm combo mated with Kubala/Sosna. What KS model r u using?