AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PS Audio PerfectWave Dac - Blinking Blue Light (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45863)

Poppyhome 05-21-2019 06:17 PM

Which DAC is it?

The thread heading says PerfectWave DAC and your component listing says DirestStream DAC. :scratch2:

Ron

multiham 05-21-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 965605)
Which DAC is it?

The thread heading says PerfectWave DAC and your component listing says DirestStream DAC. :scratch2:

Ron

Sorry if I'm using the wrong name. The front of the unit says PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

multiham 05-21-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 965603)
Steve... how old is this unit?

PS: I have connections if all else fails. :o

Hi Ivan - Unit was purchased in August of 2015. Might need a contact as I have had no luck yet getting it to work again.

Thanks!

multiham 05-21-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 965573)
If you can't successfully get the software files to reinstall, you can contact PS Audio who can provide you with a download including a special loader file which does a forced install. I've read of some cases where this was able to resolve such problems and may be worth trying, but of course they'd be able to better determine if it's a viable alternative for your specific situation. If it turns out to be an issue which requires repair, PS Audio has very good customer service and they are generally quick to resolve such problems.

Thank you for the information! Looking like I might need to contact them. I have unplugged the unit, tried to load a sd card that had an older version of the firmware and still no luck. All I get is a blinking blue PS Audio logo whenever there is an SD Card in the unit and a solid light when there is no card.

multiham 05-21-2019 09:39 PM

Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise! Based on a suggestion here, I went and posted on the PS Audio forums. I purchased this unit back in 2016 from another member here. Even though the unit was 1 year old when i purchased in August 2016, PS Audio provided me with a fresh 3 year warranty which does not expire for another 83 days! While I'm hoping to solve the issue without having to send for repair, it is nice knowing it is covered under the warranty!

1KW 05-22-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiham (Post 965638)
Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise! Based on a suggestion here, I went and posted on the PS Audio forums. I purchased this unit back in 2016 from another member here. Even though the unit was 1 year old when i purchased in August 2016, PS Audio provided me with a fresh 3 year warranty which does not expire for another 83 days! While I'm hoping to solve the issue without having to send for repair, it is nice knowing it is covered under the warranty!

Great news :thumbsup: Everything about Paul and the team at PS Audio is first rate. I had a question when I installed my DirectStream dac a few weeks ago, sent out a email and within minutes had a response.

multiham 06-28-2019 05:23 PM

I know there has been some threads recently on AA about self writing texts, Alexa listening to your conversations, and others. I now have a new one to add to this. The mystery of PS Audio.

I have not had a chance in the last month to give PS Audio a call to try and fix my problem with the blinking blue PS Audio emblem. During the past month, I have had the unit turned off via the power switch on the rear of the unit. Every few days I would power it on for about 30 minutes to see if it would work without any luck. Today I got home from work early and decided to power it up. Same blinking light greeted me. After about 10 minutes, I called PS Audio on my speaker phone and immediately got connected to Mark in technical support. Mark asked me what the problem was and before he could finish his sentence, my unit started initializing and was working with no issues in less than a minute.

Coincidence - maybe, but I like to think that the DAC recognized Mark's voice and came back to life.

Now back to enjoying my PS Audio, Esoteric F-05, Silenzio, Kef LS50 system!

jdandy 06-28-2019 05:35 PM

https://psychicoz.com/images/psychic...lt-ogimage.jpg

RLF 06-29-2019 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 970640)

Twilight Zone to be sure. Ya think :scratch2:

timm 06-30-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiham (Post 970638)
I know there has been some threads recently on AA about self writing texts, Alexa listening to your conversations, and others. I now have a new one to add to this. The mystery of PS Audio.

I have not had a chance in the last month to give PS Audio a call to try and fix my problem with the blinking blue PS Audio emblem. During the past month, I have had the unit turned off via the power switch on the rear of the unit. Every few days I would power it on for about 30 minutes to see if it would work without any luck. Today I got home from work early and decided to power it up. Same blinking light greeted me. After about 10 minutes, I called PS Audio on my speaker phone and immediately got connected to Mark in technical support. Mark asked me what the problem was and before he could finish his sentence, my unit started initializing and was working with no issues in less than a minute.

Coincidence - maybe, but I like to think that the DAC recognized Mark's voice and came back to life.

Now back to enjoying my PS Audio, Esoteric F-05, Silenzio, Kef LS50 system!

What software version are you on? Snowmass 3.00 ? And I believe there is a 3.05 & 3.06? I’ve read where certain versions seem to wake the dac. I do not think 3.00 has the issue - and it is the version I am on.