AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   ClearAudio Outer Limit & Locator Ring for MT10 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18962)

Masterlu 02-02-2013 12:00 AM

ClearAudio Outer Limit & Locator Ring for MT10

ClearAudio will be manufacturing in small numbers a Locator Ring for the MT10 that will allow you to use their Outer Limit Ring. If you have an interest feel free to PM me for details.

http://musicalexperience.net/image/S...8_14_01_PM.png

MyPal 02-02-2013 02:13 AM

I'm in! PM Sent. Order placed. :banana:

Pojuojuo 02-02-2013 06:05 AM

Really intereting item to get the best sound of out vinyls. Sadly there is no wave vinyl!!!

I have a doubt talking about the MC10. What is the relation between this mcintosh turntable and the Clearaudio bran?

Thanks

jdandy 02-02-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pojuojuo (Post 437699)
Really intereting item to get the best sound of out vinyls. Sadly there is no wave vinyl!!!

I have a doubt talking about the MC10. What is the relation between this mcintosh turntable and the Clearaudio bran?

Pojuojuo.......Clearaudio manufactures the MT10 for McIntosh.

Pojuojuo 02-02-2013 09:53 PM

Wow! I didn't know it.

Is this turntable better than similar priced Clearaudio model?

Masterlu 02-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pojuojuo (Post 438181)
Wow! I didn't know it.

And a hush fell on the crowd...

jdandy 02-02-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 438204)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jdandy 02-02-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Wow! I didn't know it.

Pojuojuo.......I don't own a Clearaudio turntable or the McIntosh MT10. Perhaps an owner will chime in.

MyPal 02-02-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Wow! I didn't know it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 438204)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 438214)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sssssshhhhh! :o THE ANSWER IS AN EMPHATICAL Y. E. S. :yahoo:

Not being biased, nah, maybe a little...

It is apparently based on your great Champion II table, Pojuojuo. There are differences, the tonearm & its position is a custom variation, the base has a glass top & additional dampening inside the McIntosh shell. (I will have to give it the tuning fork test....nice tip!)

And of course there is the wonderful blue cyclops meter that tells you the exact platter speed. Very important feature! :yes:

The MT10 improves dramatically with an upgraded Cleauaudio cartridge. You can't go wrong with a Stradivari or better.

I've had both a DaVinci & a Goldfinger V2 on the M10. Both are very special indeed! IMO, the reference Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement is justifiable for this table. This cart is now on its way to me after upgrading through the CA trade back programme.

There are things I don't like about the MT10. As good as the tonearm is preconfigured for the stock cart, it is very much a manual affair to setup right. No VTA lifter either. Despite this, it is quite excellent & nicely dampened.

I don't like the McIntosh feet on this table. I think Stillpoints or PAB feet are the way to go & the table is better served on an isolation platform.

If there was ever to be an MT20 based on a higher CA model that could have 2 arms on it, I would upgrade to that table. :D

MyPal 02-02-2013 11:46 PM

Vinyl is rarely perfectly flat.

The Clearaudio outer rim & locator will be a huge upgrade. The MT10 is extremely sensitive & it does throw modulation on the warp uplift. A heavy outer ring should make the artefact disappear completely even on vinyl that has more than usual of a kink to it.