AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Totem Acoustic Element Metal in the house (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40469)

GreginNH1 10-19-2017 07:02 PM

I have about 200 hours on the Totems now. They sound great in my room and provide a very realistic, neutral sound. I had hoped to purchase a tube amp but found that mt Accuphase E-600 does quite well with these speakers.

I loved my Aerial 7Ts but I don't miss them a bit.

I may try some different speaker cables just for grins although I can't imagine I would like any brands more than my than Tellurium Q.

Mikado463 10-19-2017 07:30 PM

Greg, first off.... Congrats on the nice kit !

second ..... it is really nice to see that you have presence of mind to bring you speakers out into your 'listening space', it absolutely drives me nuts to see people with high end gear not properly 'positioned' !

third ....... like the red C2 die cast on the bottom shelf ! '63 SWC ?

GreginNH1 10-19-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 873390)

second ..... it is really nice to see that you have presence of mind to bring you speakers out into your 'listening space', it absolutely drives me nuts to see people with high end gear not properly 'positioned' !

Thanks for the kind words Dave!

Yes - Totem recommends the placement for the Element Metals to be 2 1/2 feet from the walls.

Good call on the C2! The radio next to it was my first piece of audio gear. Circa 1972. :D

SCAudiophile 10-19-2017 09:41 PM

Congratulations! Totem has always made great speakers!

GreginNH1 10-20-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 873415)
Congratulations! Totem has always made great speakers!

Thanks!

mcpaf76 10-20-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 873390)

Couldn't agree more with positioning.

ejr1953 01-05-2018 03:47 PM

I enjoyed a pair of Totem Fire monitors for about five years, only went to replace them when I moved down to a much larger listening room, and had the "hots" for something "different".
This line of Totems (IMO) are some of the best speakers out there. Unlike a lot of them, they are not picky about placement, and they don't "shout" at you.
Enjoy those Metals!