AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld USB ? anyone (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9683)

soundslikemusic 08-27-2011 08:24 AM

Wireworld USB ? anyone

Has anyone here tried any of WW USB cables ?
How are they compared to others from Audioquest, Ridgestreet, Analyis Plus & others ?
Would appreciate some inputs.
SLM

Masterlu 08-27-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundslikemusic (Post 197757)
Has anyone here tried any of WW USB cables ?
How are they compared to others from Audioquest, Ridgestreet, Analyis Plus & others ?
Would appreciate some inputs.
SLM

I use them in multiple systems, everyone knows I "Live & Breathe" in the Wireworld Camp.

IMO, the very best sounding.

bakerman 08-27-2011 08:40 AM

I don't have first-hand experience with their USB cables, but have read many favorable reviews around the web on them.

(and no, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)

Audio 1 08-27-2011 10:35 AM

I have the Wireworld Starlight USB cable running from my Mac Mini to my W4S Dac 2.

I purchased a Cardas Clear USB cable a while back for a direct comparison and after both cables had substantial amount of time on them a definitive winner emerged.

The Wireworld hands down was the better sounding USB cable. The main difference was the better soundstage and dimensionality of the sound. While the Cardas did not sound bad it sounded lifeless and flat compared to the Wireworld Starlight. There is a certain rightness associated with the current wireworld lineup and there is no exception here.
It became obvious after compring the two that the wireworld sounded more like real music and the Cardas, in my system, sounded less like the real thing.

Needless to say that I sold the Cardas and the Wireworld Starlight is still in action today.
Now just imagine the WW Platinum USB .....

Masterlu 08-27-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 197803)
Now just imagine the WW Platinum USB .....

Yes Sir, thats my baby... :banana:

-E- 08-27-2011 05:23 PM

Also a WW USB user here.

Except I got mine for free when they first promo'd them at CES a few years ago. :D

kfr01 08-27-2011 05:48 PM

I am very pleased with my WW usb and power cords.

soundslikemusic 08-27-2011 06:05 PM

Has anyone here tried the ww USB silver or platinum USB cables? Wonder if these are huge jump over the normal starlight?

Masterlu 08-27-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundslikemusic (Post 197946)
Has anyone here tried the ww USB silver or platinum USB cables? Wonder if these are huge jump over the normal starlight?

Over here :wave:

At least go with Silver; however the Platinum was worth the difference in my System.

soundslikemusic 08-27-2011 08:45 PM

Master lu

Thanks for chiming in.

Something to look forward to.

SLM