AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Power Conditioners (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Audience AR6-TSS vs. Shunyata Triton (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25176)

PlanarSpeakerFan 02-02-2014 07:05 PM

Audience AR6-TSS vs. Shunyata Triton

I just started looking at power conditioners and these two units have both gotten terrific reviews. They both seem to be about the same price. There are several items I find appealing about the AR6-TSS: 10-year warranty, upgradeable, non-MOV surge protection and solid build quality. But owners that have the Triton absolutely swear by them. I've never read any negative comments other than its power cord recepticle.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Ken

gaboudreaux 02-02-2014 07:39 PM

Ken, I'm in the same boat. Been looking at Shunyata Triton, Furutech and Isotek, but never even heard of the Audience AR6-TSS. Seems the Audience has received great reviews. Thanks for posting this as I'm also interested in any AA user feedback.

PLK 02-03-2014 03:25 PM

If you're interested in Shunyata, this is a good read:

The Audio Beat - DTCD Measures Up - Michael Fremer tours Shunyata Research and talks with Caelin Gabriel

Xuxa 02-03-2014 09:04 PM

The Audience appear to be better built than the Shunyata. It might be time to move away from the Hydras into these.

Frank750 02-03-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan (Post 576692)
I just started looking at power conditioners and these two units have both gotten terrific reviews. They both seem to be about the same price. There are several items I find appealing about the AR6-TSS: 10-year warranty, upgradeable, non-MOV surge protection and solid build quality. But owners that have the Triton absolutely swear by them. I've never read any negative comments other than its power cord recepticle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Best, Ken

I used the Audience AR6-TSS for a couple of years. Also have the upgraded Audience power cord.
I now have a Triton/ Typhon combo. I did a little shoot out before buying the Shunyata pair. The Audience is very good but the Triton/Typhon combo is significantly better, my opinion of course. I also have separate Typhons in parallel with each of my amps.

For reference, my system is Pass Xs300 amps, Xs pre amp, XP25 Phono, Playback Designs MPS 5, SME 30/12 with Goldfinger Statement, The Sonus Faber (Fenice) speakers, MIT MAX SHD cables and all Shunyata Anaconda Zitron power cords. The preamp, phono and CD player are plugged into the Triton/Typhon into its own dedicated 20A line. Each amp also has it's own 20A line and is plugged directly into the wall outlet, a Typhon is plugged into the 2nd receptacle in the outlet. The outlets are all Furutech GTX-D (R)

Hope that helps.

gaboudreaux 02-03-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank750 (Post 577100)
I used the Audience AR6-TSS for a couple of years. Also have the upgraded Audience power cord.
I now have a Triton/ Typhon combo. I did a little shoot out before buying the Shunyata pair. The Audience is very good but the Triton/Typhon combo is significantly better, my opinion of course. I also have separate Typhons in parallel with each of my amps.

For reference, my system is Pass Xs300 amps, Xs pre amp, XP25 Phono, Playback Designs MPS 5, SME 30/12 with Goldfinger Statement, The Sonus Faber (Fenice) speakers, MIT MAX SHD cables and all Shunyata Anaconda Zitron power cords. The preamp, phono and CD player are plugged into the Triton/Typhon into its own dedicated 20A line. Each amp also has it's own 20A line and is plugged directly into the wall outlet, a Typhon is plugged into the 2nd receptacle in the outlet. The outlets are all Furutech GTX-D (R)

Hope that helps.

Excellent. Thank you for your post. Great to have someone provide feedback that has both of these. Can I trouble you to explain why you consider the Triton/Typhon better? I believe you when you say it is better, but trying to understand what you are hearing that is better to you and your ears compared to the Audience?

Thanks in advance!

PlanarSpeakerFan 02-04-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Hope that helps.

Thanks Frank. You are always a great source of information. And I really enjoy reading your terrific system components!

Best,
Ken

Frank750 02-04-2014 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaboudreaux (Post 577150)
Excellent. Thank you for your post. Great to have someone provide feedback that has both of these. Can I trouble you to explain why you consider the Triton/Typhon better? I believe you when you say it is better, but trying to understand what you are hearing that is better to you and your ears compared to the Audience? Thanks in advance!

Sure Glenn. More weight to the presentation, better defined bass notes, separation of players in space is clearer and more 3 dimensional with more air. Now, you have to take into consideration that the Shunyata Triton/Typhon with Anaconda power cord and Anaconda umbilical lists for $15,000. The Audience with the upgraded power cord is about half that price. The Audience is still an excellent conditioner but in my opinion it's not as good as the Shunyata.

cma29 02-04-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

I used the Audience AR6-TSS for a couple of years. Also have the upgraded Audience power cord. I now have a Triton/ Typhon combo. I did a little shoot out before buying the Shunyata pair. The Audience is very good but the Triton/Typhon combo is significantly better, my opinion of course. I also have separate Typhons in parallel with each of my amps. For reference, my system is Pass Xs300 amps, Xs pre amp, XP25 Phono, Playback Designs MPS 5, SME 30/12 with Goldfinger Statement, The Sonus Faber (Fenice) speakers, MIT MAX SHD cables and all Shunyata Anaconda Zitron power cords. The preamp, phono and CD player are plugged into the Triton/Typhon into its own dedicated 20A line. Each amp also has it's own 20A line and is plugged directly into the wall outlet, a Typhon is plugged into the 2nd receptacle in the outlet. The outlets are all Furutech GTX-D (R) Hope that helps.

Frank - Damn. You have an awesome system. Top notch all the way and then some.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

gaboudreaux 02-04-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank750 (Post 577190)
Sure Glenn. More weight to the presentation, better defined bass notes, separation of players in space is clearer and more 3 dimensional with more air. Now, you have to take into consideration that the Shunyata Triton/Typhon with Anaconda power cord and Anaconda umbilical lists for $15,000. The Audience with the upgraded power cord is about half that price. The Audience is still an excellent conditioner but in my opinion it's not as good as the Shunyata.

Thank you Frank. That helps me understand the improvement you hear with Shunyata Triton/Typhon compared to the Audience. Really appreciate you describing that. That said, still very tempting to purchase your Audience w/ power cord at that price.

Oh and BTW, +1 on your system… very impressive. I bet it sounds amazing.