AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Revel Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Trouble Ordering Parts (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42148)

Moonshot 02-10-2018 09:44 AM

Trouble Ordering Parts

I'm curious if anyone has had experience ordering parts from Revel (Harman). I had a pair of Salon2's damaged during freighting and have been trying to order new boxes, packaging as well as new bases - I've also ordered boxes and packaging for a Voice2 and Gem2's. Initially Harman supplied me with all the pertinent parts numbers and I placed my order on December 18th - Since then, it's been a battle trying to get confirmation on anything. The insurance company is ready to settle the claim, but Harman doesn't seem to know which end is up and communication with them has been abysmal... I've never seen anything like it. I've dealt with many, many high end manufacturers who have all been very responsive, but getting Revel parts has been like pulling teeth. Parts doesn't answer their phone, they promise return calls that never come, they're spotty responding to emails, and now they're telling me via email that my December order has not yet been placed and that everything is on backorder for at least 60 more days. There seems to be no end in site. Very distressing. Any thoughts? Anybody?

jdandy 02-10-2018 11:49 AM

Bob.......You might try finding out who the corporate officers are, then email them about your issue. I have had some issues with companies in the past, and once the the top guys were informed of the poor service I was receiving things improved quickly. Go around the people who don't want to help. When the people who pay them speak they will listen.

audio bill 02-10-2018 12:06 PM

If you purchased them from a Revel dealer I would kindly request their assistance, they often have better luck getting such support from the companies that they represent. We've seen numerous examples of this here when Ivan steps in to support his clients and things seem to then get resolved very quickly! Just one advantage of working with a fine dealer.

robfine 02-10-2018 01:07 PM

There is Harmon store in Manhattan. (All Harmon, nothing but Harmon). You might wanna try Googling the store and calling it. I don’t know if they can or will help you but at least someone will answer the phone.

For The Love of Music 02-10-2018 02:11 PM

Hey Bob, Dans recommendation makes sense - let us know

multiham 02-10-2018 03:29 PM

I know a lot of people on AA are not fans of social media, but I would check and see if they are on Twitter or Facebook. If they are, its much more effective than trying to e-mail them as they probably have a dedicated person to monitor these accounts. I am not a huge fan of either platform, but have received almost instantaneous responses from some big and small companies when I have used their social media vehicles.

Masterlu 02-10-2018 03:35 PM

Bob... reach out to Patrick Gaffney at Harman; I PM’d you his email address.

:ok:

Moonshot 02-10-2018 04:13 PM

IVAN - You are the best. This is the contact I've been seeking. Thank you. I really appreciate it - I've sent Patrick an email outlining my three months of wrestling with Harman's parts department and I'll report back on the resultant outcome.

Moonshot 02-12-2018 11:04 PM

THE BIG FIX

I followed Ivan and Dan's suggestion to contact Harman management in an attempt to clear the logjam that I've been encountering with their parts department, and thanks to Ivan's contact information I was able to email Patrick Gaffney, the Northeast Regional Manager at Harman. I detailed my frustrations and sent him the lengthy email thread between myself and parts for his review. Directly after our correspondence, I found parts were unbelievably responsive and helpful today, and in fact not only did they call me twice, but I was told me that they'd attempt to get at least part of my order out sometime this week. What a difference a day makes. What a difference a fire lit under a parts department makes. Thank you all for your helpful comments. Much appreciated. I don't know if the culture at Harman parts will undergo a fundamental shift for the better, but their forward motion today was certainly a positive development and a breath of fresh air after a nearly three month battle to obtain some fairly basic materials. Let's see if their renewed spirit and commitment to address customer needs continues...

Masterlu 02-12-2018 11:14 PM

Bob... great to hear, and I’m happy to help. ;)