AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hello from Bishopville, South Carolina (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8745)

thebeatles67 06-16-2011 05:46 AM

Hello from Bishopville, South Carolina

Hello everybody--my name is Mike Sellers. I've been a low fi user until last year when I purchased a C2300/MC402 combo to mate with my PSB Platinum speakers. I had a case of the "flu" and didnt know it----this month (June 2011) Im upgrading and celebrating my retirement---Ive sold off the PSBs and replacing with a new set of B&W 802 Diamonds. Gonna feed them with new McIntosh MC601s. A complete overhaul of Wireworld cabling/ICs/powercords is all on the agenda. :banana: Looking forward to learning from you folks.

Mike

BearCubinNY 06-16-2011 06:05 AM

Welcome Mike! You have happened upon one of the unique audio sites on the web. You'll find the group here friendly, informed and quite enthusiastic! (You have been warned! :D)

Your setup sounds like you're starting a first class retirement. Happy listening! :music:

Reg

jdandy 06-16-2011 06:30 AM

Mike.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

Yep, you definitely have the "flu". You've come to the right place, though. We can't cure you, but we do empathize really well here.

Masterlu 06-16-2011 06:48 AM

Hi Mike... Congrad's on your retirement, and Awesome system you are putting together!

Thanks for your Support. :thumbsup:

AudioNut 06-16-2011 07:54 AM

Mike,

Welcome to AA.
It so nice to have another genuine southerner in this forum. We are outnumbered here by yankees, Australians, Belgians, Hong Kongers, Singaporians, and all sorts of unknown aliens, frogs, and princes, and even some folks from California - wherever the heck that is. . . .

I graduated from The Citadel, so I even know how to speak South Carolinian, and that is a right hard task for an old Georgia boy - and, I learned it before Rosetta Stone existed.

I gotta say though, that in spite of life-long misconceptions, all these foreigners are unbelievably nice people - almost as nice as us southern gentlemen - and they will stop whatever they are doing to come to your aid on almost any issue. Ask anything, and they will stumble all over each other to write an answer to your question.

The amazing thing about this forum is that (almost) everyone will quickly become your friend. Here we get to know each other like we have seen each other every day of our lives. This place is fun, it is friendly, and I think you will like it.

Heck, I even already like you, and you are from South Carolina.

Glad you are here.

Julian

f1 fan 06-16-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatles67
Hello everybody--my name is Mike Sellers. I've been a low fi user until last year when I purchased a C2300/MC402 combo to mate with my PSB Platinum speakers. I had a case of the "flu" and didnt know it----this month (June 2011) Im upgrading and celebrating my retirement---Ive sold off the PSBs and replacing with a new set of B&W 802 Diamonds. Gonna feed them with new McIntosh MC601s. A complete overhaul of Wireworld cabling/ICs/powercords is all on the agenda. :banana: Looking forward to learning from you folks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome and enjoy the fun filled ride. Congrats on your retirement and putting together a fine audio system.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

two dot 06-16-2011 11:16 AM

Welcome...

I agree with Julian.... not many southerners here, but lot's of nice folks.

I spent a fair amount of time growing up in SC...

Greenwood, Rock Hill, Mars Hill... you get the idea...