AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New NR Series Power Cords Available Now! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39209)

Masterlu 04-24-2017 05:21 PM

New NR Series Power Cords Available Now!

"We are excited to announce the official release of the new DELTA NR, ALPHA NR and SIGMA NR Power Cords. These highly anticipated NR (noise reducing) Power Cords are available and ready to order.

Shunyata Research’s NR Series of power cords incorporate on-board CCI noise reduction filters. Also, the ‘Kinetic Phase Inversion Process’, termed KPIP, makes its first Power Cord appearance in these new NR versions. KPIP is more than just another break-in process and literally pre-conditions conductors more effectively and better then any other burn in device in the world today. KPIP not only makes expensive, lengthy burn-in of cables a thing of the past, it elevates the performance of all products it is applied to."

ariess 04-24-2017 07:22 PM

List prices?

zonto 04-30-2017 07:24 PM

How does the Delta NR compare to the current Alpha Analog and Alpha Digital? Both are 10awg with NR circuits, but seems like the KPIP process and more refined NR circuit in the Delta likely gives them the edge in performance?

Masterlu 04-30-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariess (Post 843717)
List prices?

I have been traveling, I will post them shortly!

zonto 05-14-2017 12:18 PM

Pictures and prices of each option in the new Shunyata Delta, Alpha, and Sigma lines (including power, signal, and speaker) are available on Music Direct now.

RLF 05-15-2017 01:24 AM

I recently received the new Sigma speaker cables which replaced my Anaconda's, and must say that they are spectacular and a good deal better in my opinion. If you like the Anaconda's, it is my bet that the new Sigmas will impress you even more. These cables are great and a must audition. :music::thumbsup:

MisterBritt 10-03-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonto (Post 844699)
How does the Delta NR compare to the current Alpha Analog and Alpha Digital? Both are 10awg with NR circuits, but seems like the KPIP process and more refined NR circuit in the Delta likely gives them the edge in performance?

I'd be interested to learn others opinions about this, too. Here's my guess of how they stack up:

1) Sigmas
2) Deltas
3) Zitron Anaconda
4) Alpha (HC, then Analog and/or Digital)
5) Zitron Python
6) Zitron Cobra
7) Venom

I don't know. It get lost in all the dedicated and specific comparisons. Does this look about right, all things being equal.

Puma Cat 10-04-2017 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterBritt (Post 870053)
I'd be interested to learn others opinions about this, too. Here's my guess of how they stack up:

1) Sigmas
2) Deltas
3) Zitron Anaconda
4) Alpha (HC, then Analog and/or Digital)
5) Zitron Python
6) Zitron Cobra
7) Venom

I don't know. It get lost in all the dedicated and specific comparisons. Does this look about right, all things being equal.

Hard to say; I am a big fan and advocate of their products, but I find it hard to keep up with the new lines coming out every couple of years. I stopped at Zitron Cobra (?-whatever the entry level Zitron was), and haven't kept up with all the development since. It's a bit hard to keep track, I must admit.

GrantS 10-04-2017 09:45 AM

Hi,

Based on years of customer feedback and comparisons, I'd offer the following as a general power cord hierarchy based on improvements in design and performance.

The following five on the list are all products that will be hard to go wrong with based on their current pricing. The top group, including a. and b. , represent a worthwhile ascension in design, parts and performance over anything we made previously. Where I notated a. and b., this means some equivalency depending on application.

The NR Series simplifies choice and combines the best design and custom-parts elements of the previous series along with broader-bandwidth noise reduction and KPIP conductor conditioning-- plus a lower cost option in the Delta model that incorporates all the parts-updates.

1. Sigma NR
2a. Alpha NR
2b. Sigma HC, Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital
3a. Delta NR
3b. Alpha HC
4. Alpha Digital, Alpha Analog

Good second market values:
5a. Zi-tron Series in line order
5b. CX Series in order

I hope this is of some help.

Regards, Grant

edward3132 10-04-2017 09:48 AM

I would suggest the following:

1) Sigma NR
2) Alpha NR
3) Sigma (HC, Analog, Digital)
4) Zitron Anaconda
5) Alpha (HC, Analog, Digital)
6) Delta NR
7) Zitron Python
8) Zitron Cobra
9) Venom

Hard to keep up with new lines every few years. Need to remember there are now two generations of Sigma's and Alpha's. The NR's being the latest.