AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Aperture Review Analog Corner by Michael Fremer (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46111)

Masterlu 06-25-2019 10:46 AM

Aperture Review Analog Corner by Michael Fremer

1 Attachment(s)
For your reading pleasure. :o

PHC1 06-25-2019 11:39 AM

Without getting into pricing or other comparisons between the various acoustic treatments out there, I would just say based on my own journey of over 30 years, every penny spent on improving the room acoustics has paid off. The benefits are real, undeniable and drastically beneficial to the overall performance of the system. Any system. :yes: If more folks would sort out their rooms to reap the full benefits of their investment into a system starting with the acoustic treatments, their journeys would be much more rewarding.

I procrastinated for a decade until I fully understood what it really means to have a room that is treated properly and just how much more benefit there is to be had and to what magnitudes. No other tweaks or even fancy cables come even close to a room that is treated against listening fatigue inducing early reflections, clumpy, lumpy bass that obliterated midrange purity and the overall coherence of sound.

Any well designed acoustic treatment is worth every penny of the allocated budget and should be a priority for anyone that is looking to improve the system performance. :music:

There many choices out there and perhaps the Aperture is a great product as well. I have no experience with the Aperture myself but would love to hear other’s opinions on it. :thumbsup:

Masterlu 06-25-2019 02:45 PM

I own 22 of them in my various rooms; and am extremely pleased with their performance. :ok:

crwilli 06-26-2019 02:40 PM

I have two Aperture panels. I added them after having a variety of Vicoustics and GIK panels.

Other than the corner bass traps, all my GIK panels are now in a closet. The Apertures provided, by far, the largest increase in clarity and spaciousness. I don’t understand how but they are pretty remarkable in their effects.

If I had it to do over again, I would have only purchased Apertures to treat my room. I probably need three or four more.

Masterlu 06-26-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 970394)
I have two Aperture panels. I added them after having a variety of Vicoustics and GIK panels.

Other than the corner bass traps, all my GIK panels are now in a closet. The Apertures provided, by far, the largest increase in clarity and spaciousness. I don’t understand how but they are pretty remarkable in their effects.

If I had it to do over again, I would have only purchased Apertures to treat my room. I probably need three or four more.

I know this guy that can help... ;)

crwilli 06-26-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 970397)
I know this guy that can help... ;)

What, you want to buy a pile of GIK panels and Vicoustics?? ;)

Masterlu 06-26-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 970407)
What, you want to buy a pile of GIK panels and Vicoustics?? ;)

https://milehirafting.com/wp-content...14/11/fire.jpg

:D

Audiophilehi 06-26-2019 04:48 PM

Maybe someone can Dan a pair or so for one if his infamous reviews.:D:D

Masterlu 06-26-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 970412)
Maybe someone can Dan a pair or so for one if his infamous reviews.:D:D

Aperture II Panels are Stillpoints best selling product. Even I’m waiting for inventory.

Still-One 06-26-2019 05:05 PM

Unless you can get "art" on the panels there is no way I am placing black panels on my walls. Life's too short to have to look at that for several hours per day.