AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld's New 6.0 Interconnects (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=63)

jdandy 04-07-2009 09:32 PM

Wireworld's New 6.0 Interconnects

Yep, here goes another interconnect thread, but even this experience surprised me.

I have used, and enjoyed Tributaries Silver Series interconnects (rca and xlr) for many years. Several dealers have attempted to woo me to brands like Cardas, Audioquest, Nordost, and Kimber, but I never found any of those company's cables superior to the Tributaries I was using.

Last year I decided to try the Wireworld Silver Eclipse 5.2 balanced interconnects. I installed a pair between my C2300 and the MC501's, and between the MCD500 and the C2300. Initially I was impressed with a sense of greater detail in the upper midrange and above. I swapped the Tributaries in and out of the system a day at a time, listening for differences, trying to decide if I was liking what I was hearing. Ultimately, I returned to my trusted Tributaries Silver Series cables, and returned the Wireworld 5.2 Silver Eclipse cables to the gracious dealer. What I had discovered during the six days audition was a brightness that initially seemed thrilling, but which quickly began to fatigue my ears. At about day three of the audition I found myself not wanting to turn on my system. My ears needed a break. I had never before felt this way about my sound system. This is why the Tributaries went back in.

Well, this year Wireworld has reengineered their interconnect line to the 6.0 series, so I decided to try the new Silver Eclipse 6.0 interconnects. I ordered one meter, and one and a half meter balanced pairs, and again installed them between the preamp and the amps, and between the MCD500 and the preamp (now the new C1000C/P). I was not truly expecting this new series to be much different than the 5.2 series, but I was mistaken, The new 6.0 series of the Silver Elcipse interconnects is the smoothest, most well balanced from top to bottom of any interconnects I have had the pleasure to hear. There is added detail from the lower midrange, all the way through the top octaves. Returning to the Tributaries Silver Series interconnects now revealed a slight loss detail that I was never aware of before. Needless to say, I kept both pairs of the new Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6.0 balanced cables, and have listened to them as much as 16 hours straight without a hint of fatigue. These interconnects are excellent performers, and well worth an audition. I highly recommend them.

masanori 04-07-2009 10:02 PM

I ordered silver eclipes 6.0 balanced cables today. Should have them next week.

jdandy 04-07-2009 10:27 PM

masanori.......I think you will be pleased. I was very surprised that the 6.0 series sounds so much more balanced across the audio spectrum than the 5.2 series. I am very happy with the Silver Eclipse 6.0 interconnects in my main system. I am gald I decided to try Wireworld again. Great cables.

Be sure and let us know your impressions once you've had time with them.

-E- 04-07-2009 10:47 PM

I'm always the last to find these things out... :(

jdandy 04-07-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuvius (Post 750)
I'm always the last to find these things out... :(

Vesuvius.......I am positive that interconnect cable synergy is real, and how a particular system sounds with different interconnects is the grand sum of all the individual components. My experience might not be dublicated with your system. My ears are pretty big, too. That might have something to do with it, I don't know. They catch a lot of wind, that's for sure. :D

-E- 04-07-2009 11:02 PM

I like the 5^2's for sure... Next upgrade will probably have those to demo. More just a whine to go with my wine. :D

Pyro 04-08-2009 09:52 AM

Has wireworld moved it's entire silver eclipse 5.2 line to 6.0? Speaker Cables, power cords, etc?

Dan....

Do you thing the addition of your C1000 had anything to do with what you heard in comparision with the 5.2 and 6.0 line?

Thanks,
Rob

jdandy 04-08-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klipschpyro (Post 926)
Has wireworld moved it's entire silver eclipse 5.2 line to 6.0? Speaker Cables, power cords, etc?

Dan....

Do you thing the addition of your C1000 had anything to do with what you heard in comparision with the 5.2 and 6.0 line?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob.......There is the possibility that the C1000P had an effect of how the two different series of Silver Eclipse cables sounded. I had thought of that when I made the decision to try the Wireworld interconnects a second time. Since I no longer have the Silver Eclipse 5.2 balanced interconnects, I cannot do an A/B comparison with the 6.0 series. It would be interesting to perform that comparison using the C1000P.

What I do know is the new Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6.0 balanced interconnects sound amazingly accurate to me across the entire audio spectrum, without any particular range of frequencies seeming to be exaggerated. These cables are smooth, detailed and open.

I cannot answer your question about whether the entire Silver Eclipse line has been converted to the 6.0 series. Ivan can probably give you that answer.

Gordon 04-08-2009 05:59 PM

I tried the Silver Eclipse 5^2 with my C1000/T. Due to my line of work, (jet mechanic) I'm hearing damaged to the point where I'm unable to listen to any silver wire or any metal dome tweeter. That's why I use ML. The dealer was kind enough to trade me for the 6.0 Eclipse and what a wonderful smooth sound. The detail and depth is there but without the harshness I get from every silver wire I've tried.

Masterlu 04-08-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klipschpyro (Post 926)

Thanks,
Rob

Everything but power cords have been upgraded to the 6.0 line