AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

decooney 10-01-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 933932)
You guys need to ask Ivan for a separate Dennis Had or Fire-Bottle, or whatever, forum. This thread has more posts then the great majority of forums on AAf. If Ivan will split it off from Cary it could then have particular threads on tubes, etc. Having to dig thru ~5000 posts for detailed info can be quite tedious.

AGREE 100%. Different companies, different products
now, regardless of founder-designer-owner history.

Site Admin, please:
-Create a separate sub-forum for Inspire.
-Remove/Transfer this long Inspire thread there.

It will be a positive change for both lines, win-win.

jdandy 10-01-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 933932)
You guys need to ask Ivan for a separate Dennis Had or Fire-Bottle, or whatever, forum. This thread has more posts then the great majority of forums on AAf. If Ivan will split it off from Cary it could then have particular threads on tubes, etc. Having to dig thru ~5000 posts for detailed info can be quite tedious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by decooney (Post 933955)
AGREE 100%. Different companies, different products
now, regardless of founder-designer-owner history.

Site Admin, please:
-Create a separate sub-forum for Inspire.
-Remove/Transfer this long Inspire thread there.

It will be a positive change for both lines, win-win.

Glenn.......

decooney.......

Unlikely to happen. Administration does not have the time to dig through 500 pages of individual posts to create separate threads for the assorted topics members have posted in this on going miscellany thread. It is up to members to post specific threads that encompass a specific topic, and generally up to the original poster to keep the thread on topic.

As a forum moderator I have read this thread daily from its inception to ensure the forum rules are observed. I do the same with all other threads. The one reoccurring thought I experienced with this thread is how many different topics get discussed without a new thread being started. I figured if it did not bother the original poster then it shouldn't bother me.

Creating a thread under a specific thread title makes it far easier for other members seeking certain information to located specific items of information. Homogenizing so many different topics unrelated to the thread title practically guarantees information of special interest will not be seen because forum members are misdirected by the thread title.

I suggest that those who have special interests in Inspire amps, Fire-Bottle amps, types of tubes and their performance characteristics, or other topics may want to consider starting fresh threads, and the original posters should remain diligent enough to keep their threads on topic.

Formerly YB-2 10-01-2018 07:02 PM

Dan - don't think anyone expects that level of service. Just move this thread to its own forum 'chapter' and all the posters here will take care of creating new threads within same going forward.

decooney 10-01-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 933963)
Glenn.......

decooney.......

Unlikely to happen. Administration does not have the time to dig through 500 pages of individual posts to create separate threads for the assorted topics members have posted in this on going miscellany thread.

As a forum moderator I have read this thread daily from its inception to ensure the forum rules are observed. I do the same with all other threads.

A moderator who has time to read this and other threads "daily" can certainly notify the administrator and make a worthy recommendation on behalf of your members. If it's not already obvious, people post in one thread (respectfully) for Inspire (under the Cary Audio sub-forum) because they have nowhere else to put it. The volume of posts in one thread certainly begs for consideration. Good Luck.

jdandy 10-01-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 933971)
Dan - don't think anyone expects that level of service. Just move this thread to its own forum 'chapter' and all the posters here will take care of creating new threads within same going forward.

Glenn.......Nothing is stopping anyone from starting a new Inspire or Fire-Bottle thread in the Cary Audio Design forum, the General Audio Discussion forum, or the Pre-Amps & Amplifiers forum. Any of these would be suitable to begin new topics. It is doubtful that an eBay amplifier seller, despite his past association with Cary Audio or his respected reputation as an amp builder, will get a separate forum category on AA.

All 5000 posts in the Dennis Had Inspire Amps thread were posted by less than 90 forum members during the entire five years since the thread's original post. Despite the sheer volume of posts in this thread, the small membership participation numbers do not reflect a significant interest in Dennis Had amplifiers among Audio Aficionado's 173,997 members. There are other forums besides the Cary forum that can be used to discuss Dennis Had's products. It is up to those interested members to post fresh topics in the suggested forums. That would be a great place to start.

pstrisik 10-02-2018 06:13 PM

As the original poster, I am not claiming any ownership or management of the thread. Remarkably, it has remained pretty much on topic all this time. I wished I had started this in a more suitable venue but, at the time, I had no idea the thread would have such legs. Pretty amazing!

And, I am leaning towards selling my upgraded KT-150 and LP-2 as I have moved away from tubes. I've already been selling off my backup tubes. I've been using a First Watt J2 without a preamp (DAC serves as preamp). Last weekend, I brought out the KT-150. Immediately my brain started the obsessive process about which tubes..... :sigh:

So a kind of farewell, though I continue to read here daily and post occasionally. And am still an Omega guy and on that forum.

edit: I was not and am not buying selling or trading here! Jeeesh!

Analog Addict 10-02-2018 06:37 PM

Back to your regularly scheduled program....Monoblock 45s...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1967/...206360dd_z.jpgUntitled by Analog Addict, on Flickr

Rosco65 10-02-2018 07:38 PM

If those were PSE 45’s I might find myself trading in my other Inspire amps.

BearCityUSA 10-02-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrisik (Post 934099)
As the original poster, I am not claiming any ownership or management of the thread. Remarkably, it has remained pretty much on topic all this time. I wished I had started this in a more suitable venue but, at the time, I had no idea the thread would have such legs. Pretty amazing!

And, I am leaning towards selling my upgraded KT-150 and LP-2 as I have moved away from tubes. I've already been selling off my backup tubes. I've been using a First Watt J2 without a preamp (DAC serves as preamp). Last weekend, I brought out the KT-150. Immediately my brain started the obsessive process about which tubes..... :sigh:

So a kind of farewell, though I continue to read here daily and post occasionally. And am still an Omega guy and on that forum.

edit: I was not and am not buying selling or trading here! Jeeesh!

Sad to here you are leaving the fold. I had a feeling you were headed somewhere different equipment wise.

At this point I feel your thread here is iconic. At least to me.

See you elsewhere.

pstrisik 10-02-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearCityUSA (Post 934108)
Sad to here you are leaving the fold. I had a feeling you were headed somewhere different equipment wise.

At this point I feel your thread here is iconic. At least to me.

See you elsewhere.

Thanks, it's been quite a ride!

And thanks for suggesting my 15 minutes of fame!!