AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   SilenZio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   The Silenzio from Audio by E (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=29587)

1KW 04-28-2019 02:34 PM

. Is there a way to mirror with two hard drives as a back up when ripping ? What generation are being built now?

Masterlu 04-28-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 963067)
. Is there a way to mirror with two hard drives as a back up when ripping ? What generation are being built now?

That is a standard feature of SilenZio.

crwilli 04-28-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 898487)
Please feel free to start a new thread on your topic; this one is about SilenZio. ;)

Speaking for myself, I purchased a SilenZio after my initial research and have never even considered moving to another streamer solution. I suspect most other SilenZio owners are in a similar boat and thus, we can’t give you direct comparisons. I know I can’t.

It works and sounds great. The equal to my Esoteric K-03X playing SACDs or CDs.

chessman 04-28-2019 06:56 PM

Mine sounds so good in my system that I put the CDs in storage.

Weirdcuba 04-28-2019 08:26 PM

I love mine. No need to upgrade or even think about it - huge value for the $$.

Masterlu 04-28-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 963104)
I love mine. No need to upgrade or even think about it - huge value for the $$.

x8 :thumbsup:

1KW 04-29-2019 09:06 AM

Can the silenzo be set up as a Roon server with streaming capabilities instead running jriver? I have been looking at a Roon nucleus plus however it can not burn cd’s the way the silenzo can. The Roon nucleus plus however can stream to other end point systems such as Sonos and at the same time output via usb to a dac in your main listening room. If the silenzo can be set up to do what the Roon nucleus does it may be the perfect server for me.

crwilli 04-29-2019 10:58 AM

The Silenzio from Audio by E

Yes - I am not clear on the definitions of server/core etc. but here is what my ‘system’ does.

I have ROON on my SilenZio. Beyond streaming to my Esoteric DAC in my 2 Channel room, I can use the ROON App on my iPhone and stream my NAS/ Qobuz/Tidal to all my Sonos devices.

Obviously, the SilenZio must run 24x7 which is no problem.

scirica 04-29-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 963138)
Can the silenzo be set up as a Roon server with streaming capabilities instead running jriver? I have been looking at a Roon nucleus plus however it can not burn cd’s the way the silenzo can. The Roon nucleus plus however can stream to other end point systems such as Sonos and at the same time output via usb to a dac in your main listening room. If the silenzo can be set up to do what the Roon nucleus does it may be the perfect server for me.

I'm also running Roon Server on my Silenzio (Gen 3) instead of JRiver. Works great and feeds my K-03X as a USB DAC. Couldn't be happier with my digital front end. And add the great support from Emile and why go anywhere else??

kaarmstrong 04-29-2019 02:55 PM

I run both Jriver and Roon on my Silenzio. Both run great.