AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Pro Speaker set up. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40974)

Robc33 10-29-2017 09:04 PM

Pro Speaker set up.

Has anyone had any experience with Bob Robbins from ,"My Speaker setup.Com"? I am having second thoughts about selling my current speakers, and think I may not have them dialed in quite right. I have contacted Jim Smith, and he wants me to change configuration of the room, which my wife and I do not want to do.
I have contacted Bob, and he is willing to help me get things dialed in, for quite a bit less than Jim charges. Although when I asked him about helping to properly integrate my subs to my main speakers, he was not familiar with JL Audio subs. This gives me pause, and I'm wondering if anyone has had dealings with him? Thanks, Rob.

robd2 11-01-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 876005)
Has anyone had any experience with Bob Robbins from ,"My Speaker setup.Com"? I am having second thoughts about selling my current speakers, and think I may not have them dialed in quite right. I have contacted Jim Smith, and he wants me to change configuration of the room, which my wife and I do not want to do.
I have contacted Bob, and he is willing to help me get things dialed in, for quite a bit less than Jim charges. Although when I asked him about helping to properly integrate my subs to my main speakers, he was not familiar with JL Audio subs. This gives me pause, and I'm wondering if anyone has had dealings with him? Thanks, Rob.

Interesting site, I did not know about this, thanks for sharing. Regarding your sound, what don't you like? We might be able to tune via an AA group effort here.

Robc33 11-01-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robd2 (Post 876735)
Interesting site, I did not know about this, thanks for sharing. Regarding your sound, what don't you like? We might be able to tune via an AA group effort here.

I just don't think I have them set up properly. I haven't had that "ah ha" moment with them. They are the best speaker that I have owned, by a WIDE margin, but I have heard them sound quite a bit better. I only get to spend 4, or 5 nites a month with them, so it is tough for me to take the time to dial them in. I also enjoy a lot of classic rock, Rush, Zeppelin, and some occasional Sabbath, that I find just about unlistenable on my current set up. May just be the nature of the beast, but if I can't get them dialed in, I may need something a bit more forgiving.

metaphacts 11-01-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robd2 (Post 876735)
.. We might be able to tune via an AA group effort here.

Previous Strad threads would confirm that this concept will get nowhere near where Strads need to be in a particular room.

Robc33 11-01-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 876826)
Previous Strad threads would confirm that this concept will get nowhere near where Strads need to be in a particular room.

Metaphacts, any suggestions?

metaphacts 11-02-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 876829)

I can't speak for Bob. I do know that he was in one of the classes I taught at Sumiko a very long time ago. The dealer for whom he worked never dealt with Strads.

If I had to suggest an available pro for Strads, it would be Stirling Trayle. Stirling has extensive experience with Franco's Sonus Faber designs and he is meticulous in his set up protocol.

vintage_tube 11-02-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 876829)

https://www.audiosystemsoptimized.com/

Best Sir & good luck

Bib

Robc33 11-03-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 877143)
I can't speak for Bob. I do know that he was in one of the classes I taught at Sumiko a very long time ago. The dealer for whom he worked never dealt with Strads.

If I had to suggest an available pro for Strads, it would be Stirling Trayle. Stirling has extensive experience with Franco's Sonus Faber designs and he is meticulous in his set up protocol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 877144)

Thank you gentlemen .

vintage_tube 11-04-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 877143)
IIf I had to suggest an available pro for Strads, it would be Stirling Trayle. Stirling has extensive experience with Franco's Sonus Faber designs and he is meticulous in his set up protocol.

IIRC Sterling Trayle and another fellow had done quite a bit of design work on the Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation cartridge; of which I'm a proud owner of. One smart cookie in the audio jar.

Best Sirs,

Bob