AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Q7 gasket anomaly (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=26943)

Masterlu 06-06-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 613106)
I just realized something.

Magico was aware of the thread and thus of the issue by one of their customer. They waited until Toga contacted them instead of anticipating the request and contact directly Toga or the dealer.

Magico is also on AA so they could have responded on the thread instead of asking to be deleted. I highly appreciate when a company decides to talk directly to its customers (GIK, Shunyata, Bryston and others have representative which are active on AA).

Georges... Yes, you are correct. :yes:

Audio 1 06-06-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 613106)
I just realized something.

Magico was aware of the thread and thus of the issue by one of their customer. They waited until Toga contacted them instead of anticipating the request and contact directly Toga or the dealer.

Magico is also on AA so they could have responded on the thread instead of asking to be deleted. I highly appreciate when a company decides to talk directly to its customers (GIK, Shunyata, Bryston and others have representative which are active on AA).

Quite a few years ago I had an issue with a new Bryston amp that arrived DOA.
James Tanner was on the phone with me on the weekend to resolve the issue and it was rectified quickly and at zero cost to me. There is a right way to handle this sort of problem and often if you do not act appropriately from the onset the damage can be irreversible.

BTW .... The problem with the Bryston amp was only a fuse and not a product issue ....

Thedo 06-06-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGA (Post 612889)
Dear Magico representative,

I am regret to inform you that I don't have access to the DELETE function, but I tried. Please use your best Damage Control strategy.

Best regards

Toga, I think it is good that you don't have access to the DELETE function. This thread should stay to give more pressure to Magico to make thing right. This thread should only be deleted by Ivan or Dan. And I trust those two's instinct on this matter.

harri009 06-06-2014 05:44 PM

I know I personally have to save a lot of my income to buy new speakers and it is a large investment. I have heard Magico and was very impressed. With that being said if I were to make the investment into a new pair of speakers I rely on the manufacturer to stand by his product. If they don't go above and beyond for their flagship they would surely not do anything for the lower level purchaser like myself.

rnrmf1971 06-06-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harri009 (Post 613237)
I know I personally have to save a lot of my income to buy new speakers and it is a large investment. I have heard Magico and was very impressed. With that being said if I were to make the investment into a new pair of speakers I rely on the manufacturer to stand by his product. If they don't go above and beyond for their flagship they would surely not do anything for the lower level purchaser like myself.

This is a very incisive observation!

Garth 08-04-2014 05:14 PM

The Cross

I have heard magicos at shows never owned them is it just me or is any thing said about them other than they are the best you find yourself nailed to a Cross.

I hope they fix the problem and I am sure they should. Odd company IMO

jdandy 08-04-2014 07:07 PM

Garth.......Folks are passionate about their choices. Magico owners will defend an attack on their beloved speakers just as quickly as other owners will with their speakers. Simple as that.

The owner of the Magico G7's had his speakers corrected to his satisfaction under warranty, so no complaints to talk about.

Garth 08-04-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 628226)
Garth.......Folks are passionate about their choices. Magico owners will defend an attack on their beloved speakers just as quickly as other owners will with their speakers. Simple as that.

The owner of the Magico G7's had his speakers corrected to his satisfaction under warranty, so no complaints to talk about.

You may be right it just seems like companies like AR which I have never owned have been around a long time and if a post is less than kind . Not much is made of it. This one speaker company can do no wrong just seems odd. I think every company has or will build a clunker at some point. Very few expect a perfect world. To be fair Quality control on any thing with that many pieces would be hard. The part of delete the post or else.

I have had problems with other companies and their is not much you can do if a company is not willing to help.