AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Aural Symphonics cables ... feedback pls.. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48931)

SAM992 10-28-2020 04:47 PM

Aural Symphonics cables ... feedback pls..

So a friend of mine kindly gave me two power chords to use with my system that he claims are better than my Gutwire B10's (about $350 US) ..

They're made by Aural Symphonics, called Cappuccino SE2.. very thick garden hose type design, but seem quite light to the touch... not the highest quality feeling cable but they appear to retail for over $450 each...

A google search turned up their website which looks to not have been updated since the dawn of the internet age.. :D

But my question is has anyone had any experience with their stuff, and is it any good?

PHC1 10-28-2020 06:09 PM

You should try some blind listening tests with your friend who claims one power cable is better than the other. :yes:

We had sooooo much fun with that for a decade or so with my friends as we'd come over each other's homes and compare the cables we would borrow from the cable company lending library or an extended audition from one of the local dealers or just something we had in our systems.

Every once in a while we'd come across a PC or an IC that would stand out just enough to pick it as a winner on one of the musical pieces we'd play but never universally on a playlist of more than a few songs.

Try it, it is fun. :D

SAM992 10-28-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 1019196)
You should try some blind listening tests with your friend who claims one power cable is better than the other. :yes:

We had sooooo much fun with that for a decade or so with my friends as we'd come over each other's homes and compare the cables we would borrow from the cable company lending library or an extended audition from one of the local dealers or just something we had in our systems.

Every once in a while we'd come across a PC or an IC that would stand out just enough to pick it as a winner on one of the musical pieces we'd play but never universally on a playlist of more than a few songs.

Try it, it is fun. :D

I frankly can't hear a difference... my bigger reason for nice cables in general is a combination of high quality build and the aesthetic... which the SE2's don't have either of, but I am also concerned if they can handle the 11amp load that my MC462 could possibly draw before plugging them into it or my power conditioner.

PHC1 10-28-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAM992 (Post 1019197)
I frankly can't hear a difference... my bigger reason for nice cables in general is a combination of high quality build and the aesthetic... which the SE2's don't have either of, but I am also concerned if they can handle the 11amp load that my MC462 could possibly draw before plugging them into it or my power conditioner.

If you need a piece of mind that you are using an adequate PC, IC or whatever, I would always suggest staying with the brands that have withstood the test of time. There are at least a dozen.

Don't go nuts with those things. Most of the entry level PCs from Transparent, Kimber, Cardas, Shunyata, Wireworld etc... are excellent quality cables. No need to go for broke and Masterlu can hook you up here!

If anything, once the whole system is in place, if you think you can hear and appreciate the difference in cables, then put that skill and art into polishing and honing your system to perfection as the last touch. :yes:

SAM992 10-28-2020 06:32 PM

Thanks... I'm probably going to stay put with the Canadian made Gutwire stuff.. Was just curious what anyone knew about these, as there is very little about them online.

PHC1 10-28-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAM992 (Post 1019204)
Thanks... I'm probably going to stay put with the Canadian made Gutwire stuff.. Was just curious what anyone knew about these, as there is very little about them online.

I've never heard anything negative about Gutwire but personally have not tried them. I am sure they are absolutely fine cables. :thumbsup: