AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   B&W Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Stillpoints for 801 Nautilus? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41998)

longgone 01-25-2018 08:59 PM

Stillpoints for 801 Nautilus?

has anyone used stillpoints with the 801 Nautilus?
Ultra SS?

mtroo 01-25-2018 10:22 PM

They are under my Salon2’s. They work

Masterlu 01-25-2018 10:51 PM

I have put Ultra SS on 801 Nautilus speakers with remarkable success. :ok:

Msegal 01-26-2018 01:17 AM

I have them under my Focal Utopia. Incredible benefit.

modlin 01-26-2018 11:03 AM

I am a new member to this forum...and sometimes don't catch what is a sarcasm or what is an actual issue....this is a sarcasm, right?

Masterlu 01-26-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modlin (Post 895302)
I am a new member to this forum...and sometimes don't catch what is a sarcasm or what is an actual issue....this is a sarcasm, right?

You obviously haven’t heard what Stillpoints do under speakers. They are the Real Deal, no sarcasm.

mtroo 01-26-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modlin (Post 895302)

Frequently the topic comes up trying to sort through what is reality and what is fantasy. There are people that insist that vibration control is nonsense, cables are voodoo, power conditioning is witch craft and all of these "gimmicks" or "tweaks" can be explained by confirmation bias. All of this is just a colossal waste of resources. You can use a piece of cable from Home Depot and achieve the same results. Just use a heavy block of wood for the stand. Standard power cords are just fine. The power travels 20 miles to my house and I am supposed to believe that the last 2 meters with my WW power cords and PS power regenerators are really making a difference?

The proof is in the pudding. If one makes the effort to find and audition a state of the art system, eyes are frequently opened. I have gone to Ivan's home in Cape Cod, and to listen to his Burmester system (although I really like his TAD speakers) is revelatory. Each of these expenditures and efforts yields some benefit which eventually add up to a reference system. I guarantee these systems sound superior to the DIY guy that is making his cables from lamp cords and audio stands from cutting boards. Expensive, hell yes. But undeniably better.

"Oh", one may exclaim, "the only true measure is to A-B the systems to erase any confirmation bias." Um, maybe. When my kids were growing up, I saw them everyday and I can tell you I was certain they were not growing. Each day, they seemed no bigger than the day before. But grow they did. The incremental end result is kids that are 6 feet tall. The incremental benefit with these "obscenely" priced accessories is a system that will cause a stir in your emotions and give you connection with the music that is undeniably powerful, at least for the audiophile. I, like many here, have had people sit down to listen to the system and the first word out their mouth is "Wow!"

This stuff does work. You may want to be a little more open minded. Come on in, the water is warm

And, welcome to AA.

Ricjor1 01-26-2018 02:24 PM

Isoacoustics GIAI footers.

Msegal 01-26-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 895331)
Frequently the topic comes up trying to sort through what is reality and what is fantasy. There are people that insist that vibration control is nonsense, cables are voodoo, power conditioning is witch craft and all of these "gimmicks" or "tweaks" can be explained by confirmation bias. All of this is just a colossal waste of resources. You can use a piece of cable from Home Depot and achieve the same results. Just use a heavy block of wood for the stand. Standard power cords are just fine. The power travels 20 miles to my house and I am supposed to believe that the last 2 meters with my WW power cords and PS power regenerators are really making a difference?

The proof is in the pudding. If one makes the effort to find and audition a state of the art system, eyes are frequently opened. I have gone to Ivan's home in Cape Cod, and to listen to his Burmester system (although I really like his TAD speakers) is revelatory. Each of these expenditures and efforts yields some benefit which eventually add up to a reference system. I guarantee these systems sound superior to the DIY guy that is making his cables from lamp cords and audio stands from cutting boards. Expensive, hell yes. But undeniably better.

"Oh", one may exclaim, "the only true measure is to A-B the systems to erase any confirmation bias." Um, maybe. When my kids were growing up, I saw them everyday and I can tell you I was certain they were not growing. Each day, they seemed no bigger than the day before. But grow they did. The incremental end result is kids that are 6 feet tall. The incremental benefit with these "obscenely" priced accessories is a system that will cause a stir in your emotions and give you connection with the music that is undeniably powerful, at least for the audiophile. I, like many here, have had people sit down to listen to the system and the first word out their mouth is "Wow!"

This stuff does work. You may want to be a little more open minded. Come on in, the water is warm

And, welcome to AA.

Very well said. [emoji1360]

mcpaf76 01-26-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 895331)

And, welcome to AA.

Well said, great analogy about the incremental and cumulative results of cables, isolation etc.