AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ordered new HRS goodies (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37880)

2fastdriving 12-07-2016 12:35 PM

Ordered new HRS goodies

Back in October at RMAF 2016, Dave Gordon from ARC introduced me to Michael Latvis of HRS. We had a great discussion about how I have top level components but something was missing that I sometimes hear at these audio shows. He said that isolation from vibration was an important aspect in audio that is often overlooked. I was skeptical.

I borrowed a few Isolation bases from my dealer in Seattle and tried them out and was blown away. Dynamics were more pronounced, yet everything seemed more relaxed. In short, it was the kind of laid back feel to the music that I often hear at shows. Notice those shows almost ALWAYS have HRS racks and bases!

Anyway, my dealer made me a financing deal that I couldn't pass up and I grabbed up the new S3 isolation bases. Three of them, in fact. Plus a few dampening plates and Nimbus feet and a record weight. No idea how much they help, but I am sure it's good stuff.

I plan to put under my TT, my Dac, and my Preamp. I will probably be pretty much the first person to try these new S3 bases, since you can't find them anywhere online, they just announced them a couple days ago.

I will post some kind of review when I get them in a week or so :thumbsup:

JFB 12-07-2016 01:48 PM

Ordered new HRS goodies

Hi Marc, congratulations. Like you I would have been skeptical, great that you were able to try them out and nothing beats being blown away by a component. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new models.

Still-One 12-07-2016 01:57 PM

I use the HRS Isolation bases under my pre-amps and turntable. I like what they do and how they look.

2fastdriving 12-07-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFB (Post 818372)
Hi Marc, congratulations. Like you I would have been skeptical, great that you were able to try them out and nothing beats being blown away by a component. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new models.

Yup, very skeptical...

Latvis has a REAL background in designing isolation solutions. He worked as a military contractor on helicopter rotors and other applications. He knows his stuff.

I really started asking myself at these shows: My equipment is as good or better in some cases than some of these show displays. How can theirs sound even "better" than mine in many cases? Especially in a terrible hotel room? The answer must be the "little stuff" that I've overlooked: cables, isolation, tweaks.

One try of the HRS isolation bases made me a believer.

FWIW, my system already does sound better than many of the ones at the shows :thumbsup:

GeAllan70 12-07-2016 04:30 PM

:ttiwwp:

2fastdriving 12-07-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeAllan70 (Post 818401)
:ttiwwp:

I don't HAVE the stuff yet! I will next week and pics will follow :D

Cohibaman 12-07-2016 07:01 PM

I just ordered another plate from Ivan. This stuffs like crack.

Masterlu 12-07-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohibaman (Post 818424)

I have another large HRS order arriving tomorrow. :naughty:

Masterlu 12-07-2016 07:16 PM

Marc... Big Congrats! :ok:

mtroo 12-07-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohibaman (Post 818424)

Crack may be cheaper.