AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Dressing up the Model T's - Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34254)

Haurock 01-04-2016 11:52 AM

Dressing up the Model T's - Stillpoints

If there is one thing I don't like on speakers it's spikes! They are deadly on any kind of flooring. Since I like to move my speakers around every now and them, I was tearing up my carpeting, especially since the Model T's are hefty.

When I purchased my Model T's, I decided to use the spiked feet provided by Bryston, but it didn't take long that I removed them and simply use the top part of the Outriggers as the feet.

How does that relate to me getting some Stillpoints for the Model T's? Actually, 2 things: First, I was intrigued by all the rave reviews and the claims of significant audio improvements. However, at just over 2K CAD, I was extremely hesitant to buy expensive 'shoes' for the Model T's. So I resisted, but that was a futile strategy. Second, I was rather impressed on how they Stillpoints looked on MasterLu Jr. Model T's.

So early in Dec, I broke down, and called Ivan and told him to send me a set.

I finally got them New Year's Eve and on they went. I have spent the weekend listening and noting what Stillpoints can do for someone's sound-system.

The difference was immediately apparent. Even on carpeting, which I was very skeptical about, they imaging was much better. Everything is better defined. At first I was listening through my Sonos, which is my default method of listening to music. When I asked for my wife's input, she asked me to put a CD. Well, lo and behold, things were that much better yet again.

Well all is said and done, I am now a Stillpoints convert. I am still pondering how this all works. I'll admit, I don't fully comprehend, but my ears are telling me they work, and that is ALL that matters. Not to mention that my carpets are no longer terrorized!

For those of you that have acquired Model T's and love them, shodding them with Stillpoints will make them EVEN better. IMAGINE THAT!.....

Thanks Ivan!...

Masterlu 01-04-2016 01:20 PM

Rock... very glad to hear, any pics? ;)

scirica 01-04-2016 03:37 PM

My Model T's had Stillpoints Ultra SS from day 1!

nc42acc 01-04-2016 07:50 PM

I am in the same position myself. I hate the proposition of nailing my speakers to the sub floor with spikes. I think I am ready to take the plunge after reading this thread.

tutomac 04-24-2016 09:27 AM

Rock, are you willing to show us a picture of your Model T's with the Stillpoints?
I have seen LuJr.'s and would like another/different look to get a better idea...

You may know Im a new Model T owner and still playing with placement/tweaks to optimize performance. However, I am a little worried about raising an already tall speaker further up.

Thank you!

GeAllan70 04-24-2016 09:43 AM

:ttiwwp:

Steady339 04-24-2016 02:14 PM

Haurock, Congrats on the Stillpoints upgrade! Stillpoints are an amazing product.

scirica 04-24-2016 03:29 PM

I can't imagine my Model T's without Stillpoints. Given the dispersion characteristics of the Model T's, there are no issues sonically. Are you worried more about cosmetics?

tutomac 04-24-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scirica (Post 775933)
I can't imagine my Model T's without Stillpoints. Given the dispersion characteristics of the Model T's, there are no issues sonically. Are you worried more about cosmetics?

Looks?A little bit. However I am more concerned about my listening experience. I feel like if the speakers are any taller the tweeters will deliver their energy way past my head. After multiple experiments I found a sweet spot, I feel that if the stillpoints elevate the speaker just enough to lose that sweet spot, I will run out of space to maneuver around the room. I have found what I think is the optimal location. Just wondering if any of you who put stillpoints under the modelT's had to deal with a change in dynamics due to a taller position. I have been reading about how much better they will sound with stillpoints underneath. I am fully aware there is only one way for me to find out, but it's hard to pull the trigger on such expense and not have at least a warning/ recommendation based on previous experience with with this matter....😳

Cheers!

scirica 04-24-2016 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a close-up of the feet in my photo library here on AA. Here's a full shot.