AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Upgrade path PCs vs Conditoner (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48986)

Antonmb 11-08-2020 07:20 PM

Upgrade path PCs vs Conditoner

My current system (see my signature) is all wired with Alpha v1: I have a CopperConn on a 20a circuit with a 3 meter Alpha NR feeding a Denali 6000T, and then Alpha NRs and an EF going to components. I’m thinking about what next steps might be, and in what order. The options are swapping the Denali for an Everest, or upgrading the cables to Alpha v2 and wait for a Denali v2 tower. Thoughts?

2fastdriving 11-08-2020 07:42 PM

I heard there will never be a Denali 6000s v2 tower.

Antonmb 11-08-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 1020557)
I heard there will never be a Denali 6000s v2 tower.

I think you may be right. Last year my dealer told me they were working on an 8 outlet v2, but I think that may have turned into the Everest.

2fastdriving 11-08-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1020559)
I think you may be right. Last year my dealer told me they were working on an 8 outlet v2, but I think that may have turned into the Everest.

They come out with so many products, I'm sure they will have something for you soon Tony!

Crumhorn 11-09-2020 05:41 PM

Caelin has stated, in this forum & others, that there will be NO tower version of the Denali v2 - only the "S" shelf model.

He has also stated that while the Everest is a significant improvement over the Denali when using an Alpha power cord, the full benefits of the Everest won't be achieved with any PC lower in the line than the Sigma XC. So if you buy an Everest, you should consider your Alpha NR v1 PC as a temporary, imperfect, "placeholder" until you can afford to upgrade the PC to a Sigma XC. From everything I've read, that would give you the biggest improvement, if you can afford it.

I think the 2nd best would be upgrading to the Denali 6000S/v2, ideally with a Sigma XC PC.

3rd best would be putting a Sigma XC PC on your Denali 6000T. This is what I will do shortly, while I save my clams for an Everest...

SOTA Cosmos TT (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Marantz SA-10 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (SS) & Hovland HP-100 (tube) preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs, Shunyata Alpha v1 SCs
Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables for Pass XP-30
Shunyata Denali 6000T power conditioner (on BBA platform), Shunyata Alpha NR v1, Delta NR v1, & Venom HC PCs. Also PS8 & 2 Venom Defenders.
Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

Antonmb 11-09-2020 09:36 PM

Thanks Crumhorn, appreciate the feedback.

Puma Cat 11-10-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1020549)
My current system (see my signature) is all wired with Alpha v1: I have a CopperConn on a 20a circuit with a 3 meter Alpha NR feeding a Denali 6000T, and then Alpha NRs and an EF going to components. I’m thinking about what next steps might be, and in what order. The options are swapping the Denali for an Everest, or upgrading the cables to Alpha v2 and wait for a Denali v2 tower. Thoughts?

Hmmm....I would say get Everest now and then upgrade to Alpha V2 over time as your budget allows.

The new Alpha NR v2 and XC PCs are amazing, but Everest with the masssive QR/BB device and Cmode filter are even more amazing. First priority PC upgrade would be an Alpha XC or higher PC to power Everest.

crwilli 11-10-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1020700)
Hmmm....I would say get Everest now and then upgrade to Alpha V2 over time as your budget allows.

The new Alpha NR v2 and XC PCs are amazing, but Everest with the masssive QR/BB device and Cmode filter are even more amazing. First priority PC upgrade would be an Alpha XC or higher PC to power Everest.

Bingo!

Antonmb 11-13-2020 12:22 PM

Decision made: Everest and a Sigma XC to feed it are on order.

2fastdriving 11-13-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1021043)
Decision made: Everest and a Sigma XC to feed it are on order.

Wow!