AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   No Repair or Tech Support for Older Classé Products! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42766)

Kal Rubinson 04-20-2018 05:27 PM

1. Yes, contact me by email.
2. It is strange that he says I need to be a subscriber to receive PMs since I have received many.

62caddy 04-20-2018 05:44 PM

Visitor messages can be received without subscription but not PM to my knowledge.

Masterlu 04-20-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 912081)
1. Yes, contact me by email.
2. It is strange that he says I need to be a subscriber to receive PMs since I have received many.

Kal... you were a Subscriber a while ago; that is when you were able to send/receive PM’s.

Not being a Subscriber means that only myself, and Dan/Admin can send you PM’s.

I hope that clears things up.

1KW 04-20-2018 06:48 PM

Time to buy a new amp. Which will likely give better performance. It doesn’t owe you anything if it’s so old your capacitors are shot.

Kal Rubinson 04-20-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 912083)
Kal... you were a Subscriber a while ago; that is when you were able to send/receive PM’s.

Not being a Subscriber means that only myself, and Dan/Admin can send you PM’s.

I hope that clears things up.

Not really. I have not been a subscriber for years. I received my latest message on 3/6/18.

admin 04-20-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 912094)
Not really. I have not been a subscriber for years. I received my latest message on 3/6/18.

Nope :no:

That was a visitor message, not a PM.

Crumhorn 04-20-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 912091)
Time to buy a new amp. Which will likely give better performance. It doesn’t owe you anything if it’s so old your capacitors are shot.

I have been using the Classés on the woofer towers of the IRS betas - an application for which they are particularly well suited at 700 WPC @ 8 ohms, 1,400 WPC @ 4 ohms, & over 2,000 WPC @ 2 ohms!

Although it is certainly possible to get better-sounding solid state amps today, at such high power outputs they sure don't come cheap!

Once I let go of the betas, I won't even have an immediate need for the Classés, but it seems wasteful, not to say un-ecological, to throw them out when a relatively cheap (or free, if the lifetime warranty is honored) fix could bring them back to life for many more years of service. I will either sell them with the betas, sell them separately, or keep them as a backup.

As a Mcintosh owner, you might understand! Some of your boys have been kept around for a very long time!

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

FreddieFerric 04-21-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumhorn (Post 912111)
I have been using the Classés on the woofer towers of the IRS betas - an application for which they are particularly well suited at 700 WPC @ 8 ohms, 1,400 WPC @ 4 ohms, & over 2,000 WPC @ 2 ohms!

Although it is certainly possible to get better-sounding solid state amps today, at such high power outputs they sure don't come cheap!

Once I let go of the betas, I won't even have an immediate need for the Classés, but it seems wasteful, not to say un-ecological, to throw them out when a relatively cheap (or free, if the lifetime warranty is honored) fix could bring them back to life for many more years of service. I will either sell them with the betas, sell them separately, or keep them as a backup.

As a Mcintosh owner, you might understand! Some of your boys have been kept around for a very long time!

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

If you like the amps then have them fixed. That kind of quality power will cost a pretty penny new.

Kal Rubinson 04-21-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 912096)
Nope :no:

That was a visitor message, not a PM.

Got me. I have no idea of the difference.

Crumhorn 04-21-2018 03:53 PM

Quote (Originally Posted by admin):

"Nope

That was a visitor message, not a PM."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 912165)
Got me. I have no idea of the difference.

Nor do I - and I can't even figure out a way to send a visitor message.:scratch2:

An explanation/ tutorial would be welcome!