AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wyred 4 Sound (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Wyred 4 Sound - SonoS modded (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9393)

Masterlu 08-09-2011 05:56 PM

Wyred 4 Sound - SonoS modded

I just added another Wyred 4 Sound SonoS modded at 96kHz to "The Room" in Florida.

I'm in love with SonoS all over again. :banana:

joeinid 08-09-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 190315)
I just added another Wyred 4 Sound SonoS modded at 96kHz to "The Room" in Florida.

Mine is in constant use :thumbsup: I love the selection of stations and switching back and forth between paid services. It really does sound good!

Joe

Vintage Pete 08-09-2011 07:36 PM

Very interesting......sounds like another winner from W4S. :yes:

Pete

ChrisG 08-11-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 190315)

Told ya! :cigar:

Masterlu 08-11-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisG (Post 190920)
Told ya! :cigar:

Yes, you did! :yes:

W9TR 08-14-2011 10:10 AM

After six months of trials, I've put all my physical media (except SACD's and LP's) in boxes and stored them away. I hear zero difference spinning the discs in the MCD500 vs. using Sonos. The W4S modded Sonos boxes are that good. This has been some of the best money I've spent on audio.

Besides 24/96 and very low jitter, the W4S mod transformer-isolates the digital coax output of the zone player. This keeps all the digital, Wi-Fi, and power supply noise from the zone player out of your system.

This one is a "no brainer!"

joeinid 08-14-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 192378)
After six months of trials, I've put all my physical media (except SACD's and LP's) in boxes and stored them away. I hear zero difference spinning the discs in the MCD500 vs. using Sonos. The W4S modded Sonos boxes are that good. This has been some of the best money I've spent on audio.

Besides 24/96 and very low jitter, the W4S mod transformer-isolates the digital coax output of the zone player. This keeps all the digital, Wi-Fi, and power supply noise from the zone player out of your system.

This one is a "no brainer!"

+1 :banana:

I really have to agree. Since getting mine, I've been a streaming fool. The occasional CD/SACD plus all the while having the W4S modded unit plugged into my MCD1100 has been supremely satisfying. I can call up almost any artist in an instant through MOG and Spotify and discover new ones through Pandora. Awesome !!!

Joe

W9TR 08-14-2011 10:48 AM

Ivan,
At first I hesitated because there were no credible reviews. I got slammed by the "digital is digital, there is no difference" crowd on the Sonos forums, so that was a dead end. An in home trial would be awesome. I tried that angle with W4S but they were less than accommodating. It's great you are handling these units. If they have even moderately decent gear, skeptics will be easily converted!

Masterlu 08-14-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 192394)
Ivan,
At first I hesitated because there were no credible reviews. I got slammed by the "digital is digital, there is no difference" crowd on the Sonos forums, so that was a dead end. An in home trial would be awesome. I tried that angle with W4S but they were less than accommodating. It's great you are handling these units. If they have even moderately decent gear, skeptics will be easily converted!

I'm a big believer in "jitter reduction" I owned Camelot Dragon jitter filters long before this was even a topic to dispute.

Their benefit was immediately noticed. In fact to this day I still use some in various locations. :yes:

joeinid 08-14-2011 11:00 AM

I was a convert to Sonos when a friend of mine got the system after seeing it a customers house in action. I saw his Sonos and how happy he was, when I saw the modded unit I had to have it. The W4S mod is the icing on the cake :)