AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   News (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Note: Good Reason to Become a Subscriber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=6781)

Still-One 01-14-2011 01:51 PM

Note: Good Reason to Become a Subscriber

Many of you who pop in and out of this site and are not Subscribers are missing out on some exceptional deals on Audio products in the Subscriber Selling section.

On a regular basis and especially over the last two weeks several products have been listed at prices well below what you would see on Audiogon. These listings are from individuals who know how to take care of their gear and have proven to be trustworthy individuals.

You would have easily paid for a several years of being a Subscriber or even an Aficionado with the savings.

Jim

Masterlu 01-14-2011 02:07 PM

How true, 65% off on Mint McIntosh gear is unheard of.

MC352 01-14-2011 02:07 PM

Jim,

Excellent post, and very true.
I have personally had transactions with other subscribers and the experience has always been a good one. Some good deals to be had.

-E- 01-14-2011 02:50 PM

Couldn't agree more. If I need something this is the first place I look.

cmalak 01-14-2011 02:59 PM

:yes:

JJinID 01-14-2011 03:19 PM

+1 and very well stated Jim - glad you posted this :thumbsup:

Still-One 01-14-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJinID (Post 132440)
+1 and very well stated Jim - glad you posted this :thumbsup:

I have been thinking about this the last several days. Someone who was not a Subscriber PM'd me a few days ago when he saw a comment in one thread that I was looking at the MCD-1100 and other units to replace my MCD-500 I was selling. He asked if it was sold. I let him know that I had just sold the unit when someone else on the site put me in contact with a buyer. I then mentioned to him that if he had been a Subscriber he would have seen he could have purchased the unit for a couple hundred dollars less in the Selling Forum.

He asked how to become a Subscriber and I pointed him the the correct link in the User CP.

The above plus the recent listings by HKVAL, PCH1, and MasterLu reminded me what bargains can be had for the price of membership.
Jim

jdandy 01-14-2011 04:46 PM

Jim.......Right you are. And now, since the 1st of January you must be a subscriber to send a PM, so that same individual would have not been able to reach via PM had he tried contacting you after the new rules began.

There are many positive benefits and reasons to become a subscriber. It is a great value.

dcanlas 01-14-2011 07:25 PM

I am about to benefit being a subscriber. Howard sold me one of his PPP and I will have it sometime next week. Price he gave me is nowhere to be found at Audiogon...

jdandy 01-14-2011 07:38 PM

dcanlas.......The red SUBSCRIBER banner is looking good. Way to go. :thumbsup: